dent free no more.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bagpuss, Jul 12, 2008.

1. bagpuss

bagpuss Veteran Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: took my 79 z to the local tranny shop for some adjustments. booked the car in a week ago. nobody phoned to say it was done. went for supper with my wife, after supper i thought that we had better go check on the car. i thought to myself surely it must be inside because they are closed on weekends,no. it was in the same spot but with one small difference, a full sized garbage container ( dumpster ) had been slammed up against the passenger door leaving a once dent free panel looking like " cottage cheese".
    after talking myself out of rolling the dumpster through there glass front ( wife ), i went home and got my camera. pics taken. car still sitting there, no spare keys to bring it home and park it in the dry garage ( monsoon weather at the moment). so there the car sits until monday. checking again today to make sure it has not been stolen. just spent $2000.00 on wheels and tires and $7000.00 on a new crate motor. hope all is still intact.

i will eventually be laughing about this, at least that's what my wife says.

2. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Man that sucks. But you got pix, it was on their property...you should be covered.

Lets see this motor ;)

3. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Man that stinks...hope the owner of that business has his insurance premiums up to date.....he's gonna need them.

4. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

This is why no one works on my car. I will let it sit dead before allowing someone to touch it. These kinds of stories make me ill. :mad: :mad:

5. RePhil

RePhil Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about it man.

I wouldn't let them know you saw it to see how they handle the situation. I'd call them on Monday to "see how things are going" and see if they mention it on the phone or not. Then if they don't say anything show up at the shop and go off on them!

6. gregh

gregh Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Where in Alberta are you? Just wanting to know what shop not to send anything to.

7. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well That sucks.... hope it gets better from here

8. serpent710

serpent710 Veteran Member

I would go straight to the owner with pic's and say nothing to anyone else but the owner! I work at Ford and if you complain to the owner about anything they ALL kiss your ass. Since you have a BEYOND a good reason I would take the pics to the owner and say nothing to the guy's there. Did not care about ur car when u 1st brought it won't care after u scream either. Just my .02. Real sorry to hear about the car.

9. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good point... I suppose no one is gonna take credit for slamming the dumpster into it

10. Marks71BB

Marks71BB Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Gods country in the beautiful Sierra Mountains of
    Sorry to hear that...sux big time. I hope you come out of the situation whole.

I'm like Doug on this. I dont like anyone working on my car but me. I'm even critical of myself sometimes.