Did some tree trimming today

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bodymanbill, Mar 9, 2021.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

When I was green in the HVAC world in the 80's I got sent out to a property with a 40 foot aluminum extension ladder for a co worker,I get there and he has his cube van backed to the wall and he is on the roof of the cube van with his own ladder."bring that thing over here and help me set it up." Guy set up a 40 footer [37 usable feet] on the slippery wimpy roof of the cube van with like 1 rung over the parapit wall :eek: I asked him isn't there a scuttle/hatch? Yeah thats all the way on the other end too far away-I do this all the time.I wasn't goin up there so I hung out below"holding the ladder"-yeah right ;) with the 2 way ready to call base if he came tumbling down [he didn't].Way hairier ones than I have!! Later Steve!!

Zstar likes this.
  2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

lol....like our old house...wife comes home to see me on a ladder....thats on top of the roof of the porch....with my circ saw...cutting out rotten siding about 40' off the ground.... she wasn't pleased but...thats the ONLY way to get there!!!

3. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I had a couple of large trees removed a few years ago. We have a local tree service that came in with two large trucks. One was his big bucket truck and the other was a large crane. He did the job fast and safe by starting at the top holding sections of the trees with the crane and cutting them loose with the bucket. Very littiel risk that way.

4. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Ladders and tree work do not mix, if someone shows up with a ladder send them on the way.

Zstar likes this.