Dimension needed....

2ndGenCrazy

Veteran Member
Aug 18, 2011
Upstate New York
I am looking for a distance measurement to help me locate the fuel filter/regulator under the rear floor pan of my 1970 Camaro.
I have the body on a rotisserie, so no rear axle in the car.
I have a TanksInc tank with integral fuel pump, and I will be running the Corvette type filter regulator near the tank.
I am also running the transverse muffler style Pypes exhaust system, which makes locating the fuel lines and filter a bit more challenging.

I am looking for the distance from the top of the axle pumpkin, to the floor pan, with the car on the suspension, so at ride height.

The spot I have chosen with be above the pinion snubber, as high as possible above the rear end.

Any help is appreciated.

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
Ok, so on my '71 with a 10 bolt, I'm getting ~7" from what looks like the minimum clearance (as near as I can tell from crawling under the car really quick).

that's also based on a ~15" distance from axle centerline to fender lip to give another idea of where the axle is in relation to the car.

The caveat here is that I'd put a fairly healthy +/- on that dimension. The floor pan is contoured, so it's not exactly clear where the minimum clearance actually is (versus what I can see from my vantage point).

The other thing is there's a bracket that secures the connection between the steel brake line and the flexible brake line which is not factored into that 7" measurement.