Dishonest...CL buyer

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, May 26, 2019.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

E00DAF8C-9713-4AE8-82B7-ADD47E7EEB4E.jpeg 5B406E83-6774-489F-B905-CC550D547E00.jpeg So I sold my new Optima Battery on CL, even gave the guy a better deal because it was for his kids truck. Called me an hour later and told me it didn’t fit. Because the little money wasn’t worth my reputation I offered to take it back if it was in the same shape I gave it to him in. He said it was. Met him, grabbed the battery and gave him back the cash. Got it home to take pictures to re-list it and I find this.

This is what I get for being truth-worthy, honest and kind.

sparkyboy likes this.
  2. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

I've seen this before.
    Some mouth breathers cable doesn't fit so they put a screw in there.
    CL is full of dirtbags, it seems to be dying since they have no personals anymore lol!
    Charging $5 for some ads you would think would clean up the riff raff, but some people's kids man...
    Cheers man use the hell out of that battery until it's a core. Or post another ad...for a second gen camaro owner ONLY. Those dudes don't act like that.
    You can probably trade for something cool

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  3. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

You have to ask yourself - what kind of person buys a battery on Craigslist and expects to return it for their money back? Blows my mind.

73 Z likes this.
  4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

When I buy on Craigslist I always thing AS-IS. When I sell on Craigslist the stuff is sold AS-IS. Only had 1 time a guy was unhappy, I had a posi unit for a GM 14 bolt rear end, the guy said it was for sure a locker. I told him it's being sold as a posi carrier, when he got home he called like 2 hours later wanted his money back because I said it was a locker, told him to pound sand, ad said posi and I reminded him that "he" was the one who mentioned locker. Never heard back form him after that.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

I sold 350 4 bolt Block with good crank that spun over with a finger on C/L 150.00. I told the guy it was a junk yard block that I pulled the parts I needed and wanted to get rid of it. One cylinder had a deep gouge that you could grab with your finger nail about a 1/8" long. I said maybe it could be machined or sleeved. He takes it to the machine shop. They bore it .060 in 2 cylinders side by side. The gouge was still in it but barely noticeable. He calls me to complain that I sold a junk block. I said That is exactly what I told you! I told him to bring it back and I'll give your money back. He was like "Oh" ok. When he got here I asked him why did they bore more than one cylinder? And why not just sleeve it like I said. He shrugs his shoulders. This was a standard bore block to start. I still have it and will someday sleeve it just to make a running engine. People don't read or understand what As is Cash Only sale.

6. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

My problem is I want to be a good guy. I could have told him to get bent...I have a hard time doing that.

sparkyboy likes this.
  7. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Unfortunately, we live in a society with some poo bags .

8. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well hopefully you checked and made sure it still had that same warranty date on it, as he may of been trying to swap out his bad battery, HAA HA , where in Alabama are you moving to ? The shore ? And why are you leaving the nice dry climate on Nevada , for Alabama ?

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I've noticed the scammers aren't posting as many $20,000 cars for $2146. Somehow they are managing but get flagged real quick. The $5 fee isn't in other listings though. Motorcycles, barter, RV's and most other things are still free.

10. dale68z

dale68z Veteran Member

I don't get what the issue is, some scuffs on the terminal?
    I have an issue with someone needing a good deal on a battery for "his kids truck", and chooses an expensive battery. If you were that hard up, go to a parts store and buy a less expensive battery.