Do any of your wives have "that friend" . . .

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by AJ_72, Aug 30, 2014.

1. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

I was just wondering how common or uncommon this is.

My wife has a friend that I just cannot stand. I don't hate her, but if she were to suddenly vanish out of my wife's life I wouldn't be one bit upset.

To better explain, this friend is pretty much the bottom of the barrel. She can't hold a job at all. She constantly gets fired because she'll refuse to do the job how she's supposed to (insubordination). Either that or she's always "getting hurt" or calling off of work because she's "sick" and they fire her for excessive absence (absent minded included).

When we first met her it was only because she lived on the next block over, and her son and our son went to school together. She was married, two kids, her husband had a good job, etc.

She decided to cheat on him, he found out so he left her ass. Now, married again, she cheats on her new husband, too. The best part is, she's married to the guy with whom she cheated on her first husband.

The worst part, she somehow manages to follow us around. We've since moved from the town we met her in, and eventually she moved to the town we do. At first she was ~1 mile away. Next thing you know she moved two houses away.

This woman has stolen from us (mainly food because she can't hold a job long enough to help keep food on the table), and as mentioned - cheats on her husband and has absolutely no future at all. She's worthless, yet for some reason my wife constantly hangs around her. She's one of those people who bathes once a week whether she needs it or not. She has the most gawd awful rotting teeth because she refuses to go to the dentist so her breath stinks to high heaven. She drinks a lot, smokes heavily, and does nothing but complain about everyone and everything. She's everything which describes trailer trash, sans trailer.

Actually I rescind my previous comment. I do hate her. Not only is she everything I described and more, a few years ago she convinced my wife I was cheating on her. I don't know how many of you have ever felt that pit in your stomach when your wife comes to you and asks you if you're cheating on her, but I can honestly say our marriage has never been the same since. She caused my wife to lose trust in me, and it's very difficult to love and enjoy the company of someone who doesn't trust you.

Anyway, just needed to vent. I'm not a controlling person (as far as my wife is concerned) so it's difficult to demand my wife stays away from her, but I have asked her numerous times, why she hangs around her. Her answer is always the same; "I don't know."

2. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My wife knows better.

3. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My wife really only has one really good friend....her sister. And that's fine by me, as long as she is happy. And her sister isn't a low-life, to be clear.

I stopped associating with low-lifes back in college. Those kinds of people are leeches.

4. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Nope.My wife has a great friends

5. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

No, thankfully.

6. LayZ

LayZ Veteran Member

Nope can't say that we have friends like that. We do have friends that are a bit drama filled that I can't stand but sometimes I like a good train wreck story or two.

The only friend I don't want to say hate, but let's say, if I had a glass of water and she was on fire, I'd drink it kinda friend. She that new school feminist girl power men suck, tree hugger, kumbya, my s$&@t don't stink kind of person. She hates me because I work, like fast loud old cars and get this open doors for my wife, old school manners is how I was brought up. Evidently I'm a " Neanderthal sexist pig." We hide our distane for each other now but like I said above if she was on fire I wouldn't help her.

She's kinda hot so I get why she's married but man I feel sorry for that sob sometimes. He is a bit of a puss so I guess it works out for them. I would love to go further but I'll stop it's hilarious but oh what the hell. One of the other wives was in a salon in town when he came in. He must not have know she was there because he sat in the chair to get his nails done and says this," could you put some clear polish on them too? It's the only way my wife will have sex with me.

7. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

My wife doesn't have a friend like that but my step mother has this one really annoying friend named Sandy. My poor father cant stand her and neither can my brother and I as well. She is rather tall and very large and has a very loud voice, she is also very demanding and will get up in your face until she gets her way.

Her daughter on the other hand is very sweet and a good friend of mine, so at my wedding I of course invited her daughter which meant I had to invite her mother or forever be hounded on why I didn't invite her. During the reception she got up in my face about dancing with my mother inlaw (that dance had all been planned ahead of time) and she kept pestering me about it, finally I had enough and I told her to STFU and leave me alone and mind her own business.

It worked, her face turned red and she left in a huff, she hasn't said a word to me in 3 or 4 family functions Ive seen her at since :crazy:

For the most part we all just grin and bear it though, my step mother has known Sandy since before she met my father, they were stationed together in Germany when my step mother was in the army, so they have a strong bond. Why totally different people like that can get along and be good friends I'll never know, you would think there would be massive conflicts.

8. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

Sounds like he is gay and she is gay and they just pretend their spouse is the other sex lol

9. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oh hell no!! This guy probably swings both way. If a woman ever told me I had to do that to have sex, I'd quickly be single again.

10. loyal guardian

loyal guardian Veteran Member

No problems in that department, but she does have a few hot friends that i gotta occupy myself elsewere so i dont get in trouble.