Do any of your wives have "that friend" . . .

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by AJ_72, Aug 30, 2014.

1. ColdBastrd

ColdBastrd Veteran Member Gold Member

At one time I was with a girl who had an annoying best friend. She was always trying to sabotage our relationship because she was jealous and admitted to my chick that she felt I had stolen her away from her. Like really, get a life. Her friend was such a loser too. Couldn't hold a job, slept with anyone, immature, and was, to put it lightly, a conniving b!tch. Which reminds me she also had a thing against me because I didn't fall for her seduction one time when me and her were alone. I too asked, why do you hang out with her as my chick admitted on a few occasions that she found her annoying but she liked her because they were friends forever prior to our relationship and she found her to be fun at times.

In any case I'm not with that chick for a long time now and the problem went away with the relationship ending but if we were still together I'd still be dealing with it. Luckily my chick now doesn't have annoying friends.

2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

I woulda told her very loudly and vulgarly in front of your wife to go take a flying$#@$ when she accused you of having an affair.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?:screwup:

3. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

I met my wife while I was on active duty in the Marines. I was home on leave after serving in Desert Storm in 1991 and a group of my friends threw me a welcome home party. My good buddy was dating her best friend and since it was going to be a big party and she wasn't dating anyone at the time, they asked her to come along.

We met at the party and hit it off. Since we both graduated from the same high school (different years) we had a lot in common. One thing led to another and we went from a long distance relationship, to more serious dating, to an engagement. Around that time I had also decided to make the Marine Corps a career. My wife worked for a large company that had locations all over the US. Since I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, when we got married her company allowed her to transfer out to California.

Her best friend was NOT behind her decision to marry a career Marine. She's all about money and as many of you know you don't make a career out of the military to get rich. There were several deep conversations between my wife and this girl where the girl simply tried to convince my wife to call off the engagement. Well when I got wind of that I was NOT happy.

Long story short, I made a career out of the Marines. I served in Desert Storm, Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I am VERY proud of my service to my country. After retiring with over 20 years of service to this great nation, my wife and I moved back to Pennsylvania. She stills works for the same company in a very good management position. I'm have a 2nd career driving a tractor trailer for a local freight company. It's a good job with union benefits and pension and I also make pretty damn good money. We are quite comfortable.

Her friend....married a guy who was in the stock market. He was laid off several times and turned to cocaine, alcohol, and other women to make him feel better about constantly being out of work. They are now divorced and flat broke with 3 kids.

I WIN

4. daddio4048

daddio4048 Veteran Member

Counseling would be something to consider if she thinks your cheating.That way you can bring up this friend she has that is a bad influence & is wrecking your marriage.Needs to be some boundaries with this leech of a friend she has before it screws your marriage up.Personally I think this woman is jealous of what you & your wife have & is trying to bust you guys up.Time to stop the madness !Just my two cents worth.

5. 71flh

71flh Veteran Member

Maybe (loudly) mention you don't want the thieving slut in your house when she enters? Or nickname her thieving slut--address her as such as often as possible. ;)

6. JasonZE

JasonZE Veteran Member

safer for her to have a friend you don't like than one you have the hots for!

7. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

It's tough, but I've always stood back and let these relationships self-destruct. My bet is that in time, your wife will soon recognize this woman for the skag that she is.

8. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

10 years I've waited. The cheating accusation happened about 4 or 5 years ago. I'm sure my wife and I would be well past that if that thing (her friend) was out of our lives but every time I see her I'm reminded, over and over.

And believe me, we've had a few choice words over the years since even before that incident. I restrict myself to no name calling but she definitely gets to listen to my opinion of her.

The hardest part is, I know my wife knows she's everything I described, but she won't disown her.

9. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My wife just won't hang out or have friends that are tramps like the woman OP describes. She has too much class to bring losers like that into her life.

They are human leeches ... Cheaters looking for a free ride in life.

10. rwild1967

rwild1967 Veteran Member

I didn't realize you knew my ex-wife?!