Do we have any Licensed Plumbers here on NastyZ ?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Smokin'Joe, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

your pic on the RIGHT....^^^...erase your toilet.....move it DOWN lower on the pic ....below the "horizontal" line...

LEFT pic is dead.

Smokin'Joe likes this.
  2. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks Fbird, the plan on the right works best for the layout however, I have resigned myself to hiring a plumber for the final design. A little money saved by doing it myself now, may end up costing a lot more if I have to redo it.

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.

--

3. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

Joe, sorry I'm late!
    Licensed in VA.
    This toilet is wet vented through the sink with the vent extended through the roof. Some use whats called a studor (mechanical) vent.
    Just put a wye downstream of the toilet 90 to drain sink. A side outlet 90 may be legal for the toilet 90, but we don't prefer it.
    They'll probably want the water supply drawn also, along with sizes and pipe material. Just draw "connect to existing" where needed. IMG_2292.JPG Any drain under a slab needs to be at least 2".

4. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

IMG_2293.JPG These are separate vented. That 2' measurement doesn't really mean anything. But there is a minimum spacing/clearance on your toilet/sink and floor space if it's an ADA (handicap) bathroom.

5. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thanks sprink, I may end up framing up something to run the water line and vent line thru so they are not exposed. I was so occupied with the routing of the drain/vent lines, I forgot about needing to run a supply line over there, so the vent line won't be a problem after all. Thanks for the sketch's, I believe the one on the right is pretty in-line with my plan.

--