Do you really drive your car?

harbone66

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 15, 2011
Central Illinois
71camaro383 said:
I bet I have put under 300 miles per year in the last 5 years.

I got that way with my motorcycle about 3 years ago, it just sat all the time. I have been riding street bikes for almost 25 years but it was time to go so I sold it, I miss riding but its easier just to jump in the car.

Orange71

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 31, 2001
Finksburg, MD
I drive mine about 1500-2000 miles a year. That's spring thru fall good weather driving. I should get out tomorrow morning for a 50-75 mile cruise.

mjoc

Veteran Member
Apr 29, 2003
Sherman Oaks, Ca
I drive mine all the time an average of 50-60 miles a day. I drive it hard too. It will be in the garage for a while now. I got a really loud knocking almost a hammer slamming into the block so I have to pull it and tear it apart.

Michael

David79Z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
Greenville, TX
I drive mine occasionally, in between projects. I enjoy working on it!!!

My wife and I both work from home so none of our vehicles get driven much anymore...

72350RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 19, 2003
USA
Meh... It's a lot of effort tto get it out, get it right, take it out, take it home, wet clean and polish before putting it up.... this is why I liked my unrestored 72. Twice the attention, all of the fun, and none of the paranoia and OCD....

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
Mine is retired. It worked hard for years, and now is enjoying retirement. I bought my 70 new and drove it every day as my daily driver. After 18 years as my daily driver, I bought a different car to take over the DD work, and my Camaro went into retirement so it could be restored and kept.