Do you really drive your car?

dwright406

Veteran Member
Jul 26, 2004
Lake Jackson Tx
I bet I haven't put 100 miles on my '70 in the past 12 months.
It has been stored inside all the while, I was actually thinking of going over there and pouring a few gallons of fresh gas in her tomorrow and taking it out, if the weather cooperates.

twozs

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 1999
hopewell jct ny
any time i want . its insured and inspected and licensed . the worst part of it is i have to park the wifes Nissan under the blue spruce while the camaro is out of the bat cave . i take it to the hardware store , the grocery store .. it runs and drives as normal ( for 73 ) .

Last edited:

tmv36830

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 22, 2011
Auburn, Alabama
I just dropped the insurance on all three of my cars. Z28, T/A and S2000. Between the three I put less than 200 miles per year on them. I like the the op to this thread feel as though I am getting tired of being in the classic car business.

I am afraid to drive them thinking someone may hit me, I cannot put them up dirty because I am OCD about them after having put so much time and money into them.

It is a sickness though. Not sure I can ever completely get away from it.

dale68z

Veteran Member
May 14, 2009
Peoria Arizona
I swap between the 68 and the 71. The 68 is the better road car, and has been the daily driver and family car for the past 12 years. I have put over 130,000 miles on it during that time.

100_0024.jpg

The 71 gets driven about 4-5k a year, but I break the engine or something often. Hopefully with the upgraded engine and trans we will no longer have those problems and it will clock more miles.

71engine9-2012008.jpg

012.jpg

I don't worry about someone else running into me. I'm 48 years old and have been accident free all those years. If it happens, I did the body and paint on both cars, so I can do it again. If either is destroyed, there should be some good parts left to salvage and build another.

Last edited:

Tphil413

Veteran Member
Jun 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Mine sat in pieces for 2 years until my son turned 17. He talked me into fixing it and now its running fine, letting him drive it a few days a week to school (when it doesn't rain). Reminds me of when I first got into cars, he's learning to work on it and washes it for me every week. Great to take her for a spin to the store, but hardly a daily driver at 6 MPG when premium is $4.15/gal.

K5JMP

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 19, 2006
MORTUORUM VENATOR - Z.R.T.
mgoad1971 said:
Betcha Drive it now!! The weather here has been so nice, I wish mine wasn't on jack stands!!!!!!!

Got the windows open in the house and everything!!!!!!

I'm in northern va and it has been around freezing the last few mornings while hunting. My car will be put away for the winter soon

Todd80Z28

Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 11, 2002
Northern VA
Tphil413 said:
Mine sat in pieces for 2 years until my son turned 17. He talked me into fixing it and now its running fine, letting him drive it a few days a week to school (when it doesn't rain). Reminds me of when I first got into cars, he's learning to work on it and washes it for me every week. Great to take her for a spin to the store, but hardly a daily driver at 6 MPG when premium is $4.15/gal.
Tune that thing. You ought to be getting 14-15mpg easy with the ZZ4. My engine is a ZZ4 clone, and I get 15mpg in short-trip, around town driving.

Mikey- high 60s today! A good day for one last spin.:bowtie:

Aceshigh

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 9, 2001
Boondocks
No....mine saw 1 tank refill this year and less then 100 miles

I didn't even ride my Hayabusa but once either.

Latest posts