Do you really drive your car?

dcozzi

Veteran Member
May 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
musclecarjohn said:
No...absolutely no...and hopefully I'll never drive any of them ever again.

This is just strange from someone who has owned such nice cars. You seem like a really cool guy but, no longer an enthusiast. Bummer.

I have been putting time and $ into my car for the last 6 years. When it goes on the road, I wil take it out every chance I get. I painted it myself and am not going to even wet sand the clear. It will see track duty and trips to the store. Also, I will hammer on it because that is what it was built for. I will talk to all who want to BS about cars even if they "had a car just like it but, theirs did wheelies and flew through outer space."

woody80z28

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 8, 2004
walton, ny usa
I took mine out yesterday and drove it to work today. I used it as a daily for a while last year while I had my truck in pieces and it's a pain in the ass. Lots of fun, but a pain in the ass too. haha

I've got the bug to work on it more again. I really enjoy building it as much as driving it. And I haven't done a whole lot with it in the last few years since I bought my house. I have a paint job & engine build planned for the next year or so. Let's hope life gives me enough time to do it!

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Took a short cruz today...:crazy: ...I loved my Camaro when I was 16 and I still get a kick out of it . Beautiful day , no wind , and about 70 ish.... car running like a swiss watch and gulping gas ...sweet.

Take mine out every nice day possible...never know what tommorrow might bring....

I say get out and enjoy your rides.!!! If you don't the next owner will...:crazy:

Venom73

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2007
Louisville, Ky
I rarely drive mine, truth is there is too much I want to do to it and haven't had the money for years. I'm unhappy with it

72350RS

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 19, 2003
USA
Venom73 said:
I rarely drive mine, truth is there is too much I want to do to it and haven't had the money for years. I'm unhappy with it

Wow. I didn't think there was much anything left for you, unless you just wanted to do a power train swap. Your car is beautiful!:bowtie:

Though I do understand. I'm getting ready to put my car up in storage, and get the top working... Otherwise, I just don't feel the desire to run it much, and worry about it OCD wise...

Venom73

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 4, 2007
Louisville, Ky
72350RS said:
Wow. I didn't think there was much anything left for you, unless you just wanted to do a power train swap. Your car is beautiful!:bowtie:

Though I do understand. I'm getting ready to put my car up in storage, and get the top working... Otherwise, I just don't feel the desire to run it much, and worry about it OCD wise...
Everything from drivetrain, suspension, and interior. Just unhappy. Thanks though

manifoldsrme

Veteran Member
Aug 2, 2003
Marshalltown, IA
Killed the engine 2 years ago in March. Swapped in a 350 tpi motor in August. 250 miles later the fuel pump crapped out and after all the work put in for the swap I just said F it and covered it and put it in the corner of the garage. It has sat there for the last 15 months now. I think about fixing it every now and then. But I have other cars to play with so the drive and desire is not there. I am getting worried about the gas going bad though so next spring it may be time to fix it.......

Orange71

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jan 31, 2001
Finksburg, MD
Had mine out yesterday for a nice drive...beat on it a little too! It's been 35 years with this car and it never gets old. I feel like I'm 22 again everytime I get in it! :cool:
Other than Superstorm Sandy weekend it's been nice driving weather this end of summer and fall. I'll keep driving it till the first snow/salt storm. :bowtie:

red78z

Veteran Member
Sep 12, 2009
pottsville,pa.
fbody_mike said:
I spent many months in the New England area this year, and if I lived there permanently my car would be "put-away" right now.
mines been put away for a month now , weve had a few nice days since, and either i was too busy, or too tired to bother taking it out:mad: :whine:

Buickfunnycar

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
camarochevy1970 said:
Given this portrayal of how you are, I don't think the collector car community is going to miss you when you sell out. I would say you are definitely in the minority with how you chose to interact with everyone else and other car owners...

Again...I'm 55 years old and I don't care what anyone thinks of me...let alone the collector car community,lol.

I have a funny car and a dragster I'd like to restore while my dad is alive and in great health,these cars are just in my way and have been for years.