dodge challenger and charger to be discontinued

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
I seen the YouTube video earlier.
- Challenger Drag Pack rolling chassis ($90K)
- Challenger body only ($8K)
- Drop top Challenger
- Hellcat Durango
- Full carbon fiber '70 Charger body with a Cuda and Dayton on the way
- Hornet, Hornet R/T and Hornet GLH announced today.

There will be special "final year" Challenger and Chargers but you can't order them apparently they get allocated to select dealers.

I recently bought a 2022 Charger R/T in Go Mango. (I know, I know not a Camaro) I wanted a Camaro (in orange crush), but after my 4th Gen went down and I had moved over to a 4 door car. I like having the extra room. I still got my 4th Gen and my '71 though.

gomangort1.jpg

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I'd think the EV is much cheaper to build than the ICE auto. Consider all that goes into the engine, transmission, differential, cooling, fuel storage and delivery, emissions control, exhaust, etc. Mining, smelting, casting, machining, assembly, all the transporting. As opposed to a couple Chinese motors, battery pack assembly replacing those items. And the price is higher in some cases. I can't believe people actually pay the price for a Tesla.

Lowend

Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca.
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 25, 1999
San Jose, CA, USA
I'm surprised they've lasted this long for a number of reasons. While Hellcats have a lot of power, they simply aren't very quick at anything other than a straight line. Most of the car magazines don't bother including them in shootouts as they simply aren't competitive with anything in their class.

SPG

Bumblebee Builder
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2018
Sacramento
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
- Hitchens
You can't quote that signature when dodge's parent company themselves have literally confirmed it.
Some of you guys should poke your head out of the ground.

Last edited:

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
With the big push to electric, makes you wonder how long our old cars will be viable.
There are companies converting them to electric now, I think I'd sell mine before converting.

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
Good there’s too many already and for some reason they drive around with them crash protectors on spoiler that looks hilarious

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
I'm still considering a modern muscle purchase next year (Charger or Camaro, no Mustang). Guess I'll need to get on it. If it's a feeding frenzy with bloated prices, I'll pass and maybe buy a 67 Goat before I croak. Then I'll be limited to just another DDD (daily disposable driver) purchase.

As far as the Big Three going electric, it's a bit sad to see but that's progress. Whether progress is a bad or good thing is just opinion to me. I don't despise EVs but I won't buy one. I'm just not interested in them.

ULTM8Z

Veteran Member
May 19, 2000
Los Angeles
If there was a plan to intentionally crash electric grid in a way that the general public wouldnt notice until it was too late, I'm not sure what industry and government would be doing differently.