dodge challenger and charger to be discontinued

Javelin3o4

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 21, 2004
Concord, CA
My bad , the camaro shirt helped a little. Why are they on there? Is that the factory look? I’m not into dodge, I plead ignorance .
They are just for loading and unloading to prevent scratches/damage to the lip in the front bumper, but they specifically say on them "to be removed by dealer". I left mine on just to see if i was going to scrape backing into my driveway. Once i seen i wasn't mine came off. Also over time if you pull them off the paint is usually scratched up from the road debris getting crammed in there csuse they are just held on with a couple plastic panel push clips.

BillyDean7173

Final Six
May 21, 2014
Hutto, TX
There's a lot of them around no doubt. But I assure you with that huge smile on your face...you wont even notice.
Well, I just saw that I wrote Charger when I meant to say Challenger. But yeah, I don't mind if there's a lot of modern muscle on the road. Glad to see people wanting to carry on the tradition. If I'm able to get exactly what I want, I'll be happy to join the crowd. I'll still have the 2nd gen Camaros when I have the need to stand out.

I haven't driven a new Challenger or Camaro yet, but I have been doing a bit of light research. I like the number of options with the Challenger and it seems like you get more bang for the buck than the Camaro. I also think the Challenger is more of a throwback to old muscle. I read that for 2023, Dodge is bringing back Plum Crazy Purple, Sublime Green, and B5 Blue. We'll see when it comes time to do some serious homework.

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
My big problem with the new Camaro is they are styled after the First Generation Camaros. Ever since I was a kid thought they were ugly and still do. The last thing I want is a modern version of one. YUCK. .But I do notice that that's the one that guys like 10 years older than me go crazy for.

. Have my 77 Z28 because I think the second gens are the best looking hands down. And that's the car that for me.... really draws the attention anyway.

. The Challenger to me has always been bad ass since seeing Vanishing Point. It kills me to see V6 versions driving around. Can't wrap my mind around even a V6 Mustang or Challeger let alone electric ones??

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The modern V6 cars are faster than most factory 2nd gen camaros
My point was IMO if a guy buys a new V6 Mustang or Challenger....He should just give his Man Card to his wife. Or better yet just throw it away. A V6 or electric is not true to the legacy of the model. Don't get me started on how the automakers are whoring out namesakes of certain models. If they want to now build the Climate Boys electric cars...Change the damn name. Yes? No ?

Last edited:

berg2695

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2011
My point was IMO if a guy buys a new V6 Mustang or Challenger....He should just give his Man Card to his wife. Or better yet just throw it away. A V6 or electric is not true to the legacy of the model. Don't get me started. If they want to build the Puss Boys electric cars...Change the damn name.
I could not disagree more. The early pony cars and other cars of the day were blank canvases that could be made into whatever the customer wanted. You could spec your new car as an economical grocery getter (get decent fuel mileage and look good doing it!), a performance car or anything in between. That was the beauty of that era. The options list was long. The majority of vehicles were not ordered as 'muscle cars'. If they had been, we'd be swimming in LS6 Chevelles. I think that the muscle car era is somewhat over- romanticized by people who weren't there. And don't get ME started on all this "man card" bull. A guy driving a V-6 Challenger is not a real man? Give me a break! I realize that a lot that is written on here is rhetorical and not meant to be taken TOO seriously, but ...

80sz

sup
Feb 2, 2014
Buffalo,n.y.
E83B4054-0D61-4D9D-97A8-EEFA8D8F8E13.jpeg
Id rather have my z , it’s got every option I can want and more,bye bye dodge

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
the new Dodge Charger Banshee that was revealed at Dodge speedweek on Woodward Ave

Here's the reveal by CEO Tim Kuniskis

They put a tape player in the car to sound like a Hellcat??? that's so mustang LMMFAO, you have to be kidding me. Bwhahahaha.

Latest posts