Does anyone have any experience with this cam grind?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by BTYM, Sep 15, 2015.

1. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

No complaints here. I run a 488/488 cam and it makes decent power with a nice lumpy idle.
    4.10 gears helps it get off the line quickly.

2. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

You can get those same lobes in a 106, 110 and 112* LC

3. BigEd36

BigEd36 Veteran Member

I based my calculations on the specs you gave us.

World Products S/R heads are available in 67cc and 76cc chambers, so the heads would have to be decked to get to a 64cc chamber. 64cc could well be the chamber size after being decked.

With 3.08 gears and stock converter, I don't think you'll be happy with the Torker 2 intake. A single plane intake will be a poor choice, giving up lower rpm torque. A good dual plane, like a Performer, or even better, a Performer RPM, will make you a lot happier.

4. BTYM

BTYM Member

I think the only way I'm gonna know for sure what I have for cc size is to get some plexiglass and Vaseline. Never done it but I've seen a fee how to's, seems easy. Thanks for the advice on the intake. Last Friday I really got to thinking about it and ordered a performer rpm. It was too late to cancel the order for the Torker, so that'll be returned tomorrow.

5. Cataldo

Cataldo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yeah the torker II is really not a good intake IMO. The RPM is superior in nearly every way. The original Torker was good though. What is the LSA on the Cam?

6. Overtrained

Overtrained Veteran Member

Its 112....im nearly running an identical 350 with flat top pistons, its 10.0:1 compression with a performer rpm intake and that cam. Motor pulls real nice, fun street piece.

7. BigEd36

BigEd36 Veteran Member

BTYM, in answer to your original question "Does anyone have any experience with this cam grind?", this grind is popular in the "stock" classes for oval track racing. I never ran this exact grind, but I ran a very similar General Kinetics grind, and it was the winning-est cam I ever ran. Won 8 consecutive races with it, including 3 features! The next feature I took 2nd, coming from the tail, & was coming up beside the winner at the checkered flag, and he started on the pole! You'll like that grind.

8. BTYM

BTYM Member

Well thanks guys. Tons of input here. I think I'm kicking myself for running dish not flat top Pistons. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the choices I've made. Thanks again guys