Driving our sweet rides

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 80sz, Jun 7, 2021.

1. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

I like to drive my cars. I’m very cautious, seriously tho most can’t drive for [email protected], they don’t give a crap about the car they are in,in a hurry speeding and on phone. I stay back and away from cars so they ain’t shooting stone at me. It’s like people try to get close to me, stop abruptly in front of me on purpose. Just cuz I got a zl1 don’t mean I can speed and I should be doing a 100 all the time. Lady in truck on my butt for miles because I scooted in front of her at light so I don’t have to be be hind her, then when I made a turn she damn near hit me cus ya know I was in her way .ahh people. I just wanna have a nice car with no door dings, heaven forbid I go to store with out worrying my door might get crushed in from some inept cart flinging don’t care I’m in a hurry person, okay I’ll stop whining. Moral of my rant. Just cuz my car is fast don’t mean I wanna race everybody, or I’m above the law and can speed whenever I want

2. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Yeah i park in the middle of nowhere at the stores and keep my distance from other drivers when possible. My only bad habit is i have a thing about doing burnouts in front of the VA. Man i need help....:)

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

When I park away from everything I come back to my car and there are cars on both sides of me, as if to [email protected] with me. If I park a POS, no one parks within a mile of me. And no matter how fast I go, there's always a soccer mom in an SUV tethered to my rear bumper

Jason7504, Dave Nelson, 8pack and 2 others like this.
  4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My ragamuffin truck is MY perfect DD. It is fully functional 100% good to go TRUCK. Exactly what is needed to survive the idiots I encounter daily here in da hood. Just the other day had a lil XXXX come over in my lane half way in front of me....i mean really his side mirror was even with my front bumper ....and keeps coming....i didn't even blink as he crushed his mirror on MY BUMPER..."oops...YOUR BAD RICHARD"...Now in the wife's Enclave I would have broke swapped lanes and been 100 yrds from this idiot in seconds. (but her truck is really nice ;))

5. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I once had an 86 Chevy Celebrity. Major pos and a great beater. Ran good, good ac. Looked like warmed over death.
    Went to the mall and as a test, I actually put the keys on the roof and went inside. Came back an hour later to my unmolested beater. Traded the car for a set of tires for my truck.

riderwestslope and 80sz like this.
  6. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not often is mine in a big parking lot and it's away from everyone when I park it.
    Oh.. And you have to look back at it as you walk away.

I guess I just look approachable and friendly when I have it on the street so I also have to plan for a few extra minutes any time I go to the gas station because someone either has a question or wants to compliment it. :D

7. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

I hate door dings, doesn't matter if it's a beater or a show car. Hitting a parked car with a door is about the most disrespectful thing a driver can do. I park far, far away in the furthest reaches of a parking lot, yet somebody will always park right next to me, with dozens of spots available in every direction.

Zstar, Da-bigguy and 80sz like this.
  8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Gonna make a bumper sticker, “it’s all my money , respect it like I do!”

Zstar likes this.
  9. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Never finished this post!

I have a 2007 Volvo XC70 with 215k on it and an outback with 120k on. I park them anywhere and don’t seem to get dings. When I had my Camaro and tried to park away from everyone it somehow attracted dings along both sides.

I guess it’s Ike getting old, when you have enough scars and scrapes new ones go unnoticed. When you are young and handsome/beautiful the scars jump out!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    80sz likes this.
  10. gin man

gin man Veteran Member Gold Member

We were at Niagara Falls one year and I had just painted our car. I parked clear out away from anyone and anything and when we got back, there was a POS Oldsmobile next to us and they had dinged the door. Nothing I could have done to the body of their car would have made any difference to its' appearance so I did the only thing I could think of which was to let the air out of two tires, two because presumably they only had one spare.

Jason7504, biker, Patstuff28 and 5 others like this.