Driving our sweet rides

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 80sz, Jun 7, 2021.

1. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

My GF drove her 02 Lexus SC 430 (30k original miles) to work last week, some dumb arse bumped the front corner and spidered the bumper. Never said a word.
    Some people have no respect.

2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

It could be worse ,I’m fixing a 20 year old viper with 12,000 miles and the valet pulled out in traffic and took hood off, oh yea company he works for , ya they didn’t know he has suspended license, haha guess who’s paying, hoods prolly6k

Zstar and mrfleet12 like this.
  3. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

$6k sounds low! Parts and paint and then labor.

Sorry to hear that happened.

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

$4600 for a bare hood OE and my database says it's discontinued. OE bumper cover is from $756-$1095. Lots of other related parts to consider. Look like the rails are swayed? That could get VERY pricey.

80sz and 8pack like this.
  5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When I'm driving my Camaro I keep my head on a swivel being very aware of my surroundings . I'm always being challenged by kids in imports into a Street race . They will throw revs or bounce it off the two step trying to get me to play
    I like sitting at stop lights and seeing other drivers expressions , I get either thumbs up and someone staring at it or the windows rolling up and seeing that person flipping me off . Also if I'm getting gas or at an auto parts store I usually expect to be there 20 minutes or more as people start showing interest in my Camaro and start asking alot of questions

6. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

When those clowns come up and rev their motors at the light I bring my RPMs up like I am going to race and get it good and loud and stare intently at the light.

When the light turns green I bring it up to the redline and then do nothing and let the nudnick next to me take off like a bandit attracting all sorts of stupid attention. Then I just leave the light like normal.....

No interest or time for racing unless it is on a closed course....although I admit to an occasional burnout on a rarely traveled road with a long straightaway near my house...really for my own private enjoyment, I don’t need or want an audience. :)

80sz, berg2695, Zstar and 2 others like this.
  7. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

I've done that. I press my head into the head rest when the light turns green, from the imaginary 'G' forces, for extra effect. :)

8pack likes this.
  8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Yup, that’s what we found also
    6455415C-4E0C-47D9-851E-B395C3D8296F.jpeg

9. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Ya a lot was broken and bent. We are trying to get a hiod for him, carbon fiber not so nice to fix but we did use some 3m stuff before

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  10. Patstuff28

Patstuff28 Veteran Member

A lot of people driving POS vehicles will carry a small tire inflator that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Instead of just letting the air out of the tire, I will also take the tire valve with me out of the valve stem. This way for sure they are getting out the spare.

Zstar likes this.