dual catalyic converters legal ?

fnoblitt

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2009
riverside calif.
guess i'll throw an old glass pack on behind the left header collector, just to get me to the muffler shop. i'll have them fab up a custom y pipe into the converter. rats !

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
And that's exactly why the techs have no leeway anymore. If it wasn't abused the program would still allow the tech to make a judgement call on whether or not it effected emissions.
Calif air resources board (carb) has done plenty of stupid and pretty much unconstitutional things like “random” roadside smog check stations. And let’s not forget why stations are test only due to unscrupulous smog techs.

Maybe a few people did cheat but those instances were so few in comparison to the millioms of smog tests yearly they had zero impact on the environment. smog station owners would invest 10s of 1000s in equipment only to have carb tell them a couple of years later the equipment is now worthless and you have to buy another set up. F…k CARB!

Last edited:

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
guess i'll throw an old glass pack on behind the left header collector, just to get me to the muffler shop. i'll have them fab up a custom y pipe into the converter. rats !
Any mods to exhaust have to have an EO number to,be legal. Headers included.

fnoblitt

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2009
riverside calif.
i have an e.o. number for the headers. headman gave me a e.o. sticker to put in the engine compartment. i don't think they are going to do me much better over the stock manifolds though.

Rosster

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2020
i have an e.o. number for the headers. headman gave me a e.o. sticker to put in the engine compartment. i don't think they are going to do me much better over the stock manifolds though.
That’s a big plus! At least you won’t have to swap exhaust manifolds.