Dual eddy Carbs set-up

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by 79Cmaro, Sep 25, 2010.

1. frankz

frankz Veteran Member

I am going to stick my neck out and bet a cup of coffee AND a doughnut that you wont go faster,you will get less mpg.Serious development of underhood dual quad set ups stopped nearly 40 years ago.

2. Bikefixr

Bikefixr Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Everyone is pretty much right. For a dual quad setup to work, you need more cubic inches and a LOT of RPM. A a 290HP crate engine, you need nothing beyond a 650 carb on a decent dual plane maifold. I'd say get a spreadbore carb to max the mileage. That dual carb setup will kill the off-idle response and mileage. Just about the point you might see a few HP..the bottom end will blow out the through the pan. It looks cool, but that's about it.

3. 79Cmaro

79Cmaro Veteran Member

ok thanks for the input. im probably going to give it back to him since i havnt given him the money yet. I am probably going to stick with my original plans and go for a nice air gap intake or something along those lines. Any suggestions on that?

4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Mine ran pretty good on the street, But it was on a 400. Still wish I had it.
    As for milage if you keep your foot out of it the thing gets great milage with the progressive linkage. If you want to get rid of it maybe we could make a trade.

5. 79Cmaro

79Cmaro Veteran Member

Ye im just gonna give it back to my friend. But he's gonna wanna sell it so if anyone's interested let me know and most likely i can sell it for him. Once i heard that i will do worse on gas milage i automatically changed my mind. This car is my everyday car and no way can i afford to put more gas in her.lol
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. ZS10

ZS10 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

What kind of seats are those and how are they for comfort, durability?

7. 79Cmaro

79Cmaro Veteran Member

I will have to check on the make but i bought them on craiglist for like $150 for the set off a guy with a mustang and they were like brand new. Comfort wise they are great.I've had many people tell me that they can sit in these seats all day long and I have came close to that with no problem. Much better than the stock non reclinables lol. Durability wise they aren't too bad, they hold up pretty good material wise but i am actually having a problem now with the passenger seat not staying in an upright position so i figure there may be something stuck in the gear like maybe a dime or penny.
    but besides that no complaints, ohh and i had to modify the seat tracks as well but the seats look awesome in the car. Il try to put some more pics up later along with the name.