Dyno tuned 434 SBC 11:1 AFR 245 Solid Roller

muscl car

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
Gallatin Tennessee
Yes. 32 x 17.5 ET Street bias ply. I actually need a set of tires. Mickey Thompson ET Street and Hoosier QTP are unavailable. Would you have a radial recommendation for 15 x 15 wheels without beadlocks?

Ever thought of going with M&H Racemaster tires ???

I can't find Hoosier or MT tires either , M&H are still considered an excellent DOT Drag radial

M&H Racemaster tires were the go to tires until MT Introduced the ET Street

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Yes. 32 x 17.5 ET Street bias ply. I actually need a set of tires. Mickey Thompson ET Street and Hoosier QTP are unavailable. Would you have a radial recommendation for 15 x 15 wheels without beadlocks?
I did look today and no one makes a radial slick in that size. That kind of sucks as I know the radials would help out your ET. Back in the late 90's I had to use a street tire for a class so I got some ET Streets and my car lost a 1/2 tenth in 60ft times and more in the 1/4 mile. Was not happy with those tires, after I burned them up I never bought another set as I went back to my Goodyear's.

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
Scott ... awesome pass , sounds very nice !!

Is that the 434sbc or smaller engine you're running currently !!!
Thank you, kind sir. That's the 434. There's a different reaction from people when you mention a 427 vs 434. It's excitement, or confusion. Go figure.

I've looked at M&H as well. Nothing in the right size, for my wheels, for a DOT type tire. I may start looking into a full slick.

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
Ran the car on Sunday at Atco Yesteryear Drags. It was losing traction after the hit, knocking the car out of the groove. 60' and ET were way off the mark. I need to get a camera on the suspension. The only change since running at Island was a carb swap with the XP850. Corrected mph is 133.343 on this run...

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
73 Z Caboose.JPG