Dyno tuned 434 SBC 11:1 AFR 245 Solid Roller

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
Ran the car at Atco yesterday with NETO at the Yesteryear drags. Essentially no changes for competition day. Car ran a best of 10.23 @ 131. Rpm's through the traps are about 6800. It'll be a few weeks before I get the car to the track again. Next time out, I'll run it with the Quick Fuel 950, and move the Instant center further forward and down. I'm also going to run it with a drop base air cleaner and the hood on.

10.23 Neto Atco.JPG

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
Ran the car at Atco yesterday with NETO at the Yesteryear drags. Essentially no changes for competition day. Car ran a best of 10.23 @ 131. Rpm's through the traps are about 6800. It'll be a few weeks before I get the car to the track again. Next time out, I'll run it with the Quick Fuel 950, and move the Instant center further forward and down. I'm also going to run it with a drop base air cleaner and the hood on.

Nice runs, looks like you got that thing dialed in real well, the Moroso slide rule says a 131mph= a 10.19 ET, or using the distance/mph it says it can go a 10.08 ET.

What is your goal as far as ET/mph goes. What does the car weigh at the starting line ?

1980RS and you are like a friggin Rolex of ET to MPH LOL.

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
My goal has been 10.00 @ 135. I jumped on the scale at the end of the day, before they shut it off, low on fuel. It was 3030#

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
Nice runs, looks like you got that thing dialed in real well, the Moroso slide rule says a 131mph= a 10.19 ET, or using the distance/mph it says it can go a 10.08 ET.

What is your goal as far as ET/mph goes. What does the car weigh at the starting line ?

1980RS and you are like a friggin Rolex of ET to MPH LOL.
Why thank you, Sir. 😃

1980RS

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2006
MN
I would not be afraid to toss a few more degrees of timing in the engine to see what happens. Dies this engine have a curved distributor or locked out?

G72Zed

Veteran Member
Sep 8, 2015
Canada
My goal has been 10.00 @ 135. I jumped on the scale at the end of the day, before they shut it off, low on fuel. It was 3030#

That's almost bang on with the old Moroso slide rule, it says a 135 mph trap speed lines up with a 9.90 ET.

Looks like you have the HP to get there as well based on that weight, assuming you add the driver weight as well.

I guess it would depend on how you look at it, some argue that the old Moroso scale is net flywheel HP for that day, others say it's net rear wheel HP for that day.

As an example, a 3,200 lbs starting line weight with a 135 mph trap speed indicates 605hp, it looks like rear wheel to me. Add in the average of 60 HP for drive train loss, and that brings you to the 665hp range, and that's what you are making with that nice SBC you got there.

What's your thoughts on that Moroso slide rule, is it rear wheel or flywheel in your opinion ?

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
I drove over the scale at LVD at the end of the day. It was 3030#. I'm 230#.

I haven't used the Moroso slide rule, but it seems to be rear hp in this scenario.

It's going through the traps at 6800. It needs a few more rpm to reach 135. A slightly smaller diameter tire would bring the rpm up above 7200 through the traps.

I still need to dial in the suspension for a better launch to eliminate wheel spin. I'll try a minor adjustment to the 4-link to bring the instant center forward and down. I'm also considering 2" drop spindles on the front.

ChopperScott

Dec 3, 2021
I would not be afraid to toss a few more degrees of timing in the engine to see what happens. Dies this engine have a curved distributor or locked out?

I'll keep it at 35 degrees on pump gas. I'd like to add a tank of race fuel before advancing the timing too far. The distributor is an MSD curved with the lightest springs.

Latest posts