Dyslexia issue or weird quirk??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by mrdragster1970, Mar 21, 2018.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois..... Far S.W. Subs, RT 66 Area

I do a weird thing when writing, rarely when typing and google has nothing.
    Something I start a word with the last letter??
    I write nohn, instead of John?? Ttart, instead of start.

I am a quick thinking, writer, test taker, and always have multiple items I think about at the same time.
    Sometimes I make simple errors because I'm going too quick, and go with the 1st thought, instead of working it through.
    Anyone heard of this, is it just an impatience issue because I hate waiting??
    I'm I moving faster than my brain can handle, doing too much at once??

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I can identify. I don't start words with the wrong letter, but I get frustrated because I can't type, or write, as fast as my thoughts. I forget stuff because I'm way ahead, in my mind, of any way of expression.

3. 79RedZ

79RedZ Veteran Member

I can relate. Our sales orders that we have here at my work are 6 digit. Quite often I will start with the second number, it gets frustrating.

4. mrdragster1970

OK, so I'm not insane, I just thought it was weird.

budro6968 likes this.
  5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Im 48. I need to go get glasses. My vision is no longer what it used to be. I struggle with being able to focus on one thing. most times i feel like i work on 10 things at a time and never get any of them completed properly. I was a spelling bee champ. now i am just lucky if i spell that sentence correctly. I am anal about spelling mistakes, it pains me that i have trouble with spelling these days. I make stupid mistakes at work, like sending out things to customers with the wrong date on it like "Tuesday March 21st", when in fact it should be Wednesday March 21st, even when i am looking at a calendar. I feel your pain.

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

I have dyslexia. Teacher told me this: "Picture a telephone operator in your brain sitting at a switchboard. Sometimes she gets it right, sometimes she plugs the wire into the wrong receptacle, and sometimes she doesn't plug it in at all". It comes and goes. Good days and really bad ones. I think you maybe are thinking about too many things at once, not keyholing the task at hand. I do that too, but with me it has nothing to do with dyslexia. "Multi-tasking is the culprit for me and I'm not good at all at doing that. We used to call what I do "scatterbrained". lol. Some days I can't tell an"E" from a "3", or if #'s or letters are backwards or forwards. Comprehension is terrible some days. Sometimes have to read something a few times to have it make sense. I have to proof read everything I write or type. Sounds like you just want to be done with that word, and it's taking too long to write! lol.

Smokey15 likes this.
  7. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Nobody said you weren't insane. We are just saying you are not alone! :D;)

Coadster32, brooksman9 and xten like this.
  8. mrdragster1970

I knew that was coming, set myself up :p

9. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

Me too. My brain works faster than my fingers do on the keyboard. When I was growing up I would try to read a book and make it through a sentence and move on to the next line only to read the same sentence over again. My parent thought I just didn't care but later in life I realized I had a learning disability. I'm 45 now and still don't like to read because of this.

10. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I think you hit on something there. I've found that multi-tasking means messing up more than one thing at a time. Try to concentrate on a single task with your entire thought processes and see if it helps.

xten likes this.