Easter Eggs?

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Ratty_81, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Ratty_81

Ratty_81 Veteran Member

When my Dad and I were redoing my 70 Nova back in 89/90, we found a conveyance trolley with 4 steel wheels and a J hook on it, jammed up in the sail panel when we cut the quarter off.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. xten

xten Veteran Member

I was cutting the quarter off a Lincoln years ago and had the same thing. Looked like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine. Had to be thousands of them.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Yep. I remember "The Colonel". Wonder if they're still around. Haven't seen one in decades.

KingofThings and bodymanbill like this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings Veteran Member

:eek:

5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Besides some loose change and a bic pen or two,I found a McGovern for president campaign button under the rear seat cushion of my car back in '93 when I got into it.Guessing no-one else was in there before me.That was cool
    I've mentioned before my uncle and some associated family worked the line at AMC in the early 70's and the stories they would tell over beer at grampas house on Sundays were enlightening/sad.One did interior /doors was common to throw your lunch and or debris in door to rot,extra door handles/cranks thrown in to rattle around.The occasional handle hung on wire to bang around on corners with a note "you found it". A 4 door bench seat installed in a 2 door so no one could get in back was seen as funny :screwup:.That one actually made it out the door [some final inspection] so they knew they could do it again :(.They were always "getting back at the man"
    As a 7 year old I didn't get it,if that stuff went on at the big 3 [I believe so my gramps bought a 1975 valiant build quality was ashaming]Uncle bought a new 78 c/k chevy pickup-besides the drivers mirror rusting and falling off in 18 months it was delivered with different emblems on drivers vs pass fender. No wonder the american market turned to the imports.The "good old days" weren't always so good :crazy: Later Steve!!

TTR230 and KingofThings like this.
  6. KingofThings

So the clowns on the line fomented their own demise and the future. Brilliant idiots.

7. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

This was unfortunately repeated all around the world. The British motor industry is also a great example of self-sabotage by striking until there was no one left to strike against.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. KingofThings

Plus, as far as I know, waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much and too long use of Lucas systems.

9. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

The English certainly rested on their laurels for far too long. Arrogance and stagnation caught them with their pants down and the Japanese ate their lunch.

Enter certain politicians that chased the rest of industry out of Britain and here we are.

BillyDean7173 and KingofThings like this.
  10. KingofThings

:mad::mad::mad: