Ebay fee's

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by stafs05, Jun 10, 2021.

1. stafs05

stafs05 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just want to inform anyone thinking off selling on eBay. I just sold 2 bumpers for a total cost with shipping for 1064.00. Ebay charged me 143.34 for this transaction. That nearly 14% in fees. Just wanted to inform all members of this inceritable increase.

Steve Assaiante and KingofThings like this.
  2. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

On top of that buyers are being charged sales tax now. I found this out the other day.

z28Rick, KingofThings and dickeymoore like this.
  3. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Yup it’s crap
    They’re out to screw everyone now

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ebay also just cut sellers off from using Paypal to pay the fees. It is now mandatory to use something called managed payments. Now in order to sell, you have to give them your bank account so they can pull the fees from there. I guess this helps their bottom line by saving them the 3.5% paypal fees. I never gave my bank account info to Paypal and certainly won't be giving that to ebay either. I don't even have facebook. I rarely sell anything on ebay anyway, but now anything I have will be going to craigslist.

THNDER and KingofThings like this.
  5. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Well crap. Just getting ready to clean out the basement and several things seem to be pretty popular on there these days.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

do you expect it to be free?

EBAY is the ONLY way to get top dollar for parts - selling locally is free but you had better plan on pretty much giving stuff away

over $1000 for 2 bumpers? locally you might have got $100 each....14% is a SMALL price to pay for getting good money for parts

obviously I'm biased since I've been selling parts online for well over 20 years

RS79 and KingofThings like this.
  7. stafs05

stafs05 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't expect any service to be free. I just couldn't believe 14%. Before 3% for ebay then 3% to PayPal, I could deal with that. What I cannot stand is the increase 8% increase without statement to alert of the changes.
    Also the buyer has paid and it still has not been transferred (cleared) my account. 2 days and counting, PayPal was immediately availablity of fund's. And now I have to pay taxes. Swap meets will be becoming back. And the swap meet section here might become more relevant.
    I just to post to share with the members.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. younda

younda Veteran Member

Ebay will never get access to my bank account so I’ve sold my last items there.
    For the service provided, Ebay fees are stupid high now. Strange response about how saying this suggests it should be free.
    Good for anyone who still thinks they need Ebay for top dollar these days. FB marketplace and c-list now have people searching country wide not just locally.
    While I’m at it, Paypal won’t see my bank account number either and only use that crap service if I know the buyer or meet in person.

KingofThings and chuck13 like this.
  9. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't sell much there but I suppose you could just set up a special bank account just for eBay, kind of like a special credit card just for on-line purchases (which you should do).

DennisG, KingofThings and 351maverick like this.
  10. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

eBay is close to Death!

KingofThings likes this.