Ebay fee's

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by stafs05, Jun 10, 2021.

1. stafs05

stafs05 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

First just wanted to inform what I have encountered selling on eBay. That's all. As far as payment I canceled the transaction yesterday. And the payment cleared today (Sunday). Ebay new payment plan is not good at all.
    Plus while I was waiting payment I damage my rear bumper. I'm own stupidity. Again just wanted to share my experience, so if anyone plans to sell an item. They are aware.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

I really disagree with you on this suggestion. So sh*t all over the buyer for something that's not their fault? Can you imagine the disappointment of finally finding a rare part, paying the asking price, and then the seller pulls a stunt like that?

I sure hope the buyer is not someone on this site . . .

EDIT: Besides that, you're lying in a business transaction or contract, depending on the legalese. Who wants to be a LIAR?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    RS79, KingofThings, stafs05 and 3 others like this.
  3. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have to agree with BillyDean here. Cancelling a sale becuase it seemed to have sold to cheap is kindof...., well anyways..., I have listed stuff that ended up selling super cheap and the buyers got a great deal, but I never backed out of a sale because of a price. If I had anything I felt I needed more money for, I would just list them as buy it now.

I still recall one time many years ago, I bid on something on ebay and it ended up I was the only bidder and it sold for 99 cents with free shipping. He was a new seller and I was aware he was losing out as the part was worth more and he still had shipping costs and ebay fees. He contacted me and was going to complete the sale for the 99 cents, but I felt the item was worth more and I ended up sending the seller like $50 bucks or something for the part and shipping. He was ecstatic and completed the sale, and I'm sure learned his lesson, but we both came out happy.

I understand charging taxes evens out the playing field, especially for new items, but I am of the opinion that there should not be taxes on used items, and it really irked me to get charged sales tax on my shipping costs....., I disagree with that entirely.

--

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I hope it’s not someone on this page...the buyer and seller could have saved money doing the transaction here. I’m not saying canceling the sale for not making enough money, but a listing error. The shipping quote was too low and EBay didn’t disclose such the high fee. Who’s the victim? Not the buyer...they will get their money back. It sucks for the buyer, but life goes on. I had a transaction on this site I felt screwed, but you survive and keep looking. The VF3 bumpers are not hard to find.

RS79 and KingofThings like this.
  5. hoov81

hoov81 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I agree with BillyDean for badazz to suggest backing out of the said deal is bullshit. If the buyer is a member on Nastyz don't we all look like a bunch of assholes. It takes one to screw it up for all. Thanks badazz

RS79, xten, KingofThings and 3 others like this.
  6. stafs05

Wait a minute, on my transaction. I cancel it, after I informed the buyer that my rear bumper slid and was scratched. I relisted the front bumper and he bought that one as we communicated about. I did not want to just ship the damaged item. That's why I canceled the transaction.
    Even I canceled the transaction the payment went through. My intention is to let fellow members of the issues on selling on eBay. That's it.
    As far just canceling a transaction. That is bullshit. I have lost a lot of money keeping my 100% feedback, with 1202 transactions.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  7. stafs05

Never did I comment on the price I sold these bumpers for. It all about the fees. Ebay fees are new to me. Just wanted to share the experience. Just a heads up.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. younda

younda Veteran Member

Not me - I hope the buyer is a member here and sees this thread. That way the transaction can be completed without the inflated fee & sales tax nonsense. Screw the shaming on this one - no thievery going on here.
    Yes the Ebay transaction has rules and fees the seller should be aware of but I don’t blame a seller for not being able to keep up with the latest Ebay fee schedule.

RS79 and KingofThings like this.
  9. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Psychopathy Red

The parts were posted in the Swap Meet forum, then posted on ebay. I guess the swap meet ad was deleted when they sold on ebay.
    As far as sales tax nonsense, I agree when it comes to used parts. Seems like double taxation to me, but I'm sure there's some kind of flawed logic to justify it. Thank your legislative heroes.
    Still the seller's responsibility when it comes to ebay's shipping charges and fees. Can't keep up? Don't sell there. I don't because it seems too complicated to me and I ship on my schedule.

KingofThings likes this.
  10. dickeymoore

dickeymoore Veteran Member

Yep everyone is out to make a dollar now,I tried to post a car on Craigslist and they wanted $5 to post it and armslist wanted $3 to just contact a member!!!!!

KingofThings likes this.