Ebay fee's

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by stafs05, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Richard454

Richard454 New Member

Glad I could help!

I've been an ebayer for 20+ years. Sold and bought several cars- not to mention numerous parts. I really like that most of the sellers have been the small guys.

Unfortunately the big guys have moved in - and now all the tons of direct Chinah crap- a lot of that is totally knock off stuff with no repercussions. Definitely copyright infringement- intellectual property theft.

Obama once said- "Oh- we're not going to make Grandma pay for selling beanie babies on the internet." Next year - if grandma sells more than $600 she will be paying Income tax on it.

Yes- THAT'S WHAT I SAID- next year-if you sell more than $600 on eBay/Etsy others - you will be 1099ed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its...g-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html

"Starting next year, the federal threshold for issuing the 1099-K will drop to $600 with no minimum transaction level, due to a provision in the recently enacted American Rescue Plan Act.
    Generally speaking, if you’re selling to make a profit for reasons that go beyond nurturing a hobby, you probably would be considered a business owner for tax purposes. For instance, if you regularly buy clothes at yard sales (or other discounted spots) and sell them — whether online or not — with the intent of making a profit, that counts."

Oh-FYI- my wife spent 30 years with the IRS- retired a couple years ago. The are paying her a premium to comeback and teach new hires. Yep- in the works to hire 87,000 new employees...

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

There are worst things. I rather have a transaction canceled than a part that was misrepresented. You’re not out any money...but being told a condition of parts are better than they are and you are stuck with them sucks worse.

3. RS79

RS79 New Member

I have to agree, I mean I got hurt on eBay more than once but I have done nearly 1000 deals that worked out well. I rarely sell but buy stuff all the time because it works for me. But I do understand were it might not work for others.