Edelbrock Performer Intake-Which Gasket?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Daynas2nd, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Daynas2nd

Daynas2nd New Member

Gaskets....

I think I'm gonna use the Edelbrock gasket this time since the Fel-pro didn't go so well; a bit expensive but we'll see. Just wanna seal =)

2. rocket dawg

rocket dawg Veteran Member

Reviving an older post with pretty much the same question. SBC w/ Aluminum eddy "air gap" intake with aluminum trick flow heads. Im doing the sniper efi change and pulled the drivers side header for O2 sensor install. Pulled the spark plugs and # 1 and #3 have oil fouling, 5 and 7 look good. Im guessing another fel pro gasket hasnt sealed all that well. I never get china wall leaks. But over the years had problems with oil leaking into the bottom of the ports on a set of world product heads. The trick flow heads have been much better. I've used the same gaskets with both. Looking for a gasket that more user friendly and gets better results than the printo seal style ( fel pro 1205 i think, it been a few years) The spark plugs arent horrible and have probably 2000 miles on them. Planning on using Permatex aviation sealant on the bolts. The Right Stuff on the ends. And Edelbrock intake gaskets 7201? or something else???. Not sure what to use on each side of the gasket. In the past Ive used gasgacinc 9300, a copper spray or just left them dry. Is that permantex aviation ok for each side of the gasket? It is gasoline resistant. Its a SBC 400 ( 406) 7501 intake