Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 Install

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by chiefburns, Feb 4, 2020.

1. chiefburns

chiefburns New Member

I just got finished installing a Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 system on my 72 and it is running great. I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but with a little advice from friends and their tech forum, I'm finally up and running. I kicked around doing an LS swap but decided to keep my small block and just upgrade it to EFI.

2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well pleased with mine.

BTW, my factory tach works fine off the ECU.

3. chiefburns

chiefburns New Member

I’ll have to go back and double check my connection and see if that’s the problem.

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

Excellent! Thanks for posting. I will be doing the same in the spring. Been reading through their form as well so I can be prepared for any snags.
    What fuel system did you go with? I'm going to do an in-tank pump, just deciding which one to go with.

5. chiefburns

chiefburns New Member

I used the Edelbrock Universal Sump system for several reasons. I had a brand-new gas tank and didn't want to change it out with an entire EFI system ($$$), I looked at the Holley Retrofit in-tank system but really didn't want to go to all that hassle of running power back to the tank and replacing a brand-new sending unit, and finally, and most importantly, Summit Racing offered the system for FREE...it was like a sign from God! It was super easy to mount and plumb, and is plug-and-play with the Pro Flow ECU.

6. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Do they sell just the intake, throttle body, and fuel rails? or do you have to get the ECU and all of what comes in that kit? I just want to upgrade the TPI that I'm currently running on Megasquirt MS3 Pro.

7. chiefburns

chiefburns New Member

I don't know. They have a pretty good forum just for the Pro Flo 4 on the Edelbrock website that people post questions to. NateS is the Edelbrock Tech that answered my questions and would probably be the best person to ask. Here's the link to the forum:

https://forums.edelbrock.com/forum/pro-flo-efi/pro-flo-4

8. John Wright

I'm sorry, I have my pro flo products mixed up. I'm thinking of the Pro Flo 4 XT to replace the restrictive TPI

9. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

John, I doubt they will answer that question on the forum as it's for technical issues, and the 2 moderators/tech guys are not in sales. Best to call the sales department direct.

John Wright likes this.
  10. John Wright

I read on the forum where someone replaced the TPI on an 89 and kept the ecu, so I expect there would be no real problem running it with the Megasquirt. I did find that they sell the intake, fuel rails and throttle body separately on the Edelbrock site.