Edelbrock Pro Flow 4 Install

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by chiefburns, Feb 4, 2020.

1. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey Scott, the chrome one shown in an earlier post was recommended by Edlebrock and it would work if you were using regular molded hoses and clamps. Where I screwed myself was welding on -20AN fittings to everything. Between the length of the AN fittings and AN hose ends, it fouls everything if I didn't point the tstat neck straight towards the radiator. Once I get it all together, I will post a better picture of what I did.
    The bottom hose comes out at the radiator (welded on -20 AN aluminum bung) and I used a 45° hose end and then at the water pump I used a straight hose end to the -20 AN welded on a steel bung. For the top hose, it has a welded on -20 AN aluminum bung and a 90° hose end and on the tstat a straight hose end where I also welded on a -20 AN steel bung. The bottom and top hoses have a sweep/bend between the hose ends, I don't have any straight runs.

BonzoHansen likes this.
  2. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Cam is Howards 180525-12 with 1.6 rockers; 227/233*, 590" I&E, 108 CL, 112 LS. Best vacuum I could get at idle was 9.5 with carb and Mallory street distributor with about 12* idle advance. I did not use full port vacuum advance because the engine idle would surge, even after going up and down on the adjustable canister. With ProFlo 4, I set 20* advance idle, 875 rpm, and get 11.5 vacuum. I thought I was good with carburetors, and a real dummy with EFI. I'm not much better with this new Eddy system, but I'm rapidly becoming a real believer in EFI and realizing how dumb I was with carbs.

dave@ztech likes this.
  3. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Finally got the top radiator hose beat into submission. These PTFE hose ends are tough to get assembled. Not the best picture of the lower hose and the tstat hosing is hanging up with the paint drying, but maybe this will give you an idea of what I was fighting with. For the most part I'm satisfied with them.

Attached Files:

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

Those look pretty good. I think I like the exhaust piping better though... looks like somebody is running a bit of pressure!

John Wright and 76z28 like this.
  5. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

heck I would expect more vacuum than that with that cam.. it is not very big especially on a 112.
    With my 230/236 on a 110 in the 350 I had it made about 13 with the carb I had(holley 700dp)
    My big block makes about 6 ... but it is a much bigger cam