EFI Tanks question

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by sped, Feb 21, 2017.

1. sped

sped New Member

I am at the point where I need to decide on the fuel tank for the 1970 Camaro. Has anyone got good or bad information on Tanks Inc, EFI tanks? I am also considering Holly's new Sniper EFI fuel tank system. I want to get the tank, sender, and pump all in one package so everything works together. Both Holly and Tanks Inc have enough volume and pressure for the 500hp engine I am running.

Ed

2. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Don't know what your budget is, but I have a Rick's tank in my 70 and it fits perfect and the craftsmanship is outstanding...

3. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

I ordered an el Cheepo spectra EFI tank, they are less than $500 US (I paid way less than that too;) ). I can let you know how it works. It seemed like a good option to me and has a good fuel pump output on it. Cheers

4. gray86hatch

gray86hatch Member

Tanks stuff works great. Not positive but I think the holley tank is a tanks inc

Tim

5. dailycruiser81

dailycruiser81 Veteran Member

I used all tanks inc stuff and ordered it,all off Summitt. Fits great nice clean install with a fitech 30002

6. LT1 WS6

LT1 WS6 Veteran Member

I have a Tanks Inc setup on my 79. Works great. It's been a while since I've had a full tank of fuel but I don't remember any smell in the garage. I know I didn't have any leaks. I had mine powder coated satin black before putting it on the car.

7. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

it's what i am using and i like it, i posted pics of it in my build thread

CasperCasper likes this.
  8. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 Veteran Member

I went with Tanks Inc, very happy with everything on mine. Bonus was getting to drive up there and see everything they got, being only about an hour from their shop.

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm running a EFI tank (with the slosh bucket) from Rick's Camaros (spectra) with my TPI and it's been doing fine, even down to less than 1/4 tank.

10. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Ditto on Tanks Inc. Excellent product with excellent customer service to back it up. Been running their tank for the last few years and it's been great. I've had it down to ~1-2 gallons left and no starvation issues whatsoever.

The 70-71 tank is 21 gallons (up from the 17 gallon factory one), so that's a nice bonus.

Tip - look/ask for blems. I found one listed on their website (had some minor scratches and a small dent which I didn't care about), but it saved me something like 75 bucks on the price.

John Wright likes this.