eibach springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 78Z28/355, Jul 9, 2010.

1. 78Z28/355

78Z28/355 Member

Been lurking for about 7 years and finally decided that I needed to post, I screwed up and cut my springs too short (looks cool though) but its now undrivable. 78Z28 I was thinking about putting in Eibach springs but don't know what part number I need I want about 1.5 inch drop and I plan on driving the car hard like some drag racing but mostly autocross. I'll post pics when I get time but I need the right part number for now, I think that I need the #5242 spring but I don't know for sure. thanks:bowtie:

2. Brown`77Z28

Brown`77Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The partnumber is 3852-120 and it looks like this when installed:) :cool:
    [​IMG]

3. BayAreaCamaro

BayAreaCamaro Member

I don't remember the part number on my Eibachs but here's a pic of my car with them on:

[​IMG]

4. 78camarodude

78camarodude Veteran Member

5. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not a big fan of progressive rate springs, like the Eibach kit. When you lower a car that much, you need quite a bit more spring rate to keep the car from bottoming. Checkout our site, we offer performace springs in 2 different ride height versions, we also have matching rear springs, as this is important to match the front and rear together.

6. 78Z28/355

78Z28/355 Member

KS71 what part number do you recomend for you springs i have a sb and plan to put the AC back in it

7. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

IIRC they have two kits - one is a "street" kit and another is a "comp" kit. You'd likely want the street springs/kit.

8. ks71z28

We have out street/Gt springs, and they come in 2 levels of drop, which are effected by engine, and options installed, but there is pictures at the bottom of our suspension page.

BTW it is difficult for a shock to dampen a progressive rate spring, and you will always get a "weird" feeling out of the suspension travel. Also the spring compresses very little after installed, in fact spring movement is about 1/2 of actual suspension travel, so usually you will just ride on the soft end of the spring, which in the case of the Eibach's is too soft. Shock choice is important as well. Eibachs and KYB used to be the "norm", but this is a horrible combination and your ride will be bad. We recommend Koni adjustables, but they are not cheap. We off AFCO that are tuned to our springs, and are similar to Bilsteins, but a bit less

thanks

9. 78Z28/355

78Z28/355 Member

so I want to go with a non progressive spring then were the stock ones progressive rate springs?

10. ks71z28

The stock ones aren't progressive either