electric fuel pumps which is better

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by muscl car, May 25, 2009.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i'm currently running a holley 110 gph mech fuel pump and it works very well with my current set up and with the dual 4bbl's fuel pressure is 7 psi at idle and 3.5 psi at 6500rpm .now i'm thinking of going to an electric fuel pump probably a holley "blue" pump will this support my set up or should i look at something else .i'm also looking at a carter "black" pump or the mallory 140 pump . i'm familiar with both the holley blue and carter black as i ran those pumps back in the late 70's early 80's

2. ADV1

ADV1 Veteran Member

make sure you also check out Aeromotive... Damn nice stuff! Or Magnafuel if you have the $$$

3. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Holley blue pump is noisy as heck. I had one on my blown chevelle and it fed that fine. I have the Holley black pump on my camaro now, it's not as noisy as the blue.

4. KylePBZ

KylePBZ Veteran Member

The Holley red/blue/black are very failure prone. We've typically seen about a year out of the newer ones before they start leaking or quiting. The HP Holleys seem better. I'd go with the Aeromotive S/S pump. It's not old school looking but works great and alot quieter than the Holleys.

5. 1WILDZ

1WILDZ Veteran Member

I been running the Mallory 140 for over 13 years now, never a problem. Just rebuilt it over the winter, and expect another 13 years out of it. Its a nice and QUIET pump, it feeds my 509Hp small block no problem!