Electric pump on carburetor whats the best setup?

phantom69

Dec 16, 2020
so im setting the stage for a possible later efi/ls swap so wanna go with an electric pump while still carbureted whats the most optimal setup for this?

should i run an electric to the mechanical pump with a return line or just the electric pump itself and get rid of the mechanical?

what switches would i need so the electric pump works properly for the setup?

djorgensen3

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2009
Peoria, Az
What year is your car? The reason I ask is I purchased one of these tanks and a 2016 camaro fuel pump running it as a return style system with and Aeromotive 5 port regulator that will work as a carb style or EFI with a spring change. I can't remember the model at the moment though but here a link to the tank I bought with the same intention as you.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1849920528...mB5DQjBQzC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

djorgensen3

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2009
Peoria, Az
The electric pump pushes fuel to the front just fine. The regulator just sends the fuel back to the tank not used by the carb. Just turn the key on and the pump starts pumping.

phantom69

Dec 16, 2020
The electric pump pushes fuel to the front just fine. The regulator just sends the fuel back to the tank not used by the carb. Just turn the key on and the pump starts pumping.
you have it start pumping when switched on to accessory? or when turning the ignition to get the car started?

Latest posts