Electrolysis Tank

Bandit723

Veteran Member
Oct 1, 2016
Waupaca WI
Ok good like to see a good shoot out. remember you will make a mess will have to dump this stuff somewhere. BTW washing soda is as cheap as baking soda and can be bought at the store. Rumour is you can convert baking soda by heating it up in the oven to convert it to sodium carbonate. Just saying i have done this before at the paper mill.

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
I keep looking at this and thinking no way in hell this could de-rust a piece of rusted up crap. I guess I'll have to try it? I've got plenty of rusted up crap anyway.

8pack

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Aug 29, 2007
Western, MA
Before I put my spring packs in I will take pictures. They are very rusty and scaled. Hopefully that will tell the story, my front axle is not heavily rusted as it was covered in dirt for most of its life So it is a good test mule. The heavy duty stuff is next!

Casenator

Jun 12, 2013
Utah
It does work well, though it can take a while with lower amperage. I did my control arms last year and then painted them. Friends thought I had bought new ones. If you zoom in on the picture, you can even see some of the original stampings on the metal.

Keep in mind that this process cleans everything of the steel, including any original factory coatings that may be present. It leaves you with bare steel. It will flash-rust on you, so dry it and prime it as soon as you can (preferably not in the wind like I did).

Ignore the dust in the picture. I'm not a clean-freak with my car since it's my "drive hard, have fun" car.
20210806_063626.jpg

Latest posts