engine oil capcity

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by fc7_plumcrazy, Jun 4, 2021.

1. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

You know, it's funny, I find lately that the women in my life, ie, friends and neighbors, are pretty on-top of, or are eager to learn about auto maintenance. I can't say that for a lot of the guys, especially those under say 30. A lot of them can't entirely be sure that there isn't a giant hamster on a wheel under the hood. That's not really surprising though, a lot of kids these days can't even be bothered to get their drivers licences at 16, instead content to have mom drive them around. But what can you expect from a generation of young men that would rather be friends with a girl than try to get them into bed!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. Bentley

Bentley Veteran Member

Its a brave new world and the only thing of importance to them seem to be the latest cell phone... VERY sad

2ndOwner78 and KingofThings like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings Veteran Member

And 'cars' that make a lot of noise but don't go anywhere. :eek:o_O

4. biker

biker Veteran Member

The young cops at my office wont even change a tire for somebody on the road.
    Most dont know how, some are scared of liability, some just dont care. I'm glad I retired.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

One day they'll wonder what happened when no one will help anyone else...what a wonderful trend. :p

6. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Some people are just too stupid to own a car.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. G72Zed

G72Zed Veteran Member

LOL, so true ^^^ but many are right into the hobby, it depends on what or who's their influence, I just got back in from the shop, putting in the rear axles with new bearings and lock collars on my Z, had to fab a thicker retention plate as well.

Just now my 23 yo son was fretting over his new wheel alignment, asking me what I thought, he was not happy that one side was 3.5 neg camber and one was 3.9 !! took off the tire to mess with the high offset crash bolts to see if he could even it up and wanted to have 4* neg camber even, got me to roll his front fenders to fit his 255/40/17 Rivals on 9" rims, got that tire on the front of my Z'ed, but he's got them on the front of his 2010 Civic...he's out testing with another 23 YO buddy and his car, there getting ready for the first autocross competion this Sunday, those young kids are quick, and give the "old" guy's in there new Camaro's, Vetts and BMW fit's LOL!!

I tune for a dozen+ race teams, many young drivers, some in their late teens, many in their early/late 20's and do almost "everything" on the cars, one kid actually builds his own bodies, Something about youth and reaction times and the learning curves, they are like sponges when you give them instructions. Most I work with are mature beyond their years, so I guess I see it differently, maybe it's because of the area we live, I dunno.

My son got a deal on a fully rebuilt/valve'd spring/shock package worth over 5K, has many rims and tires like RS4/Rival S and RE71R's, big rear bar and aggressive alignment, but will NOT spend 1 dime on a cold air intake or aftermarket exhaust, it's stock & all oem, even the muffler, he said noise is not fast, and being "young" with a lowered Honda with a fart can muffler is just looking for attention. But, he made me buy those Black Widow 250 Venoms, ya, I taught him well.

2010 Civic in 2019 Autocross.png

2ndOwner78 and KingofThings like this.
  8. Bentley

Bentley Veteran Member

I will say the $200 57 chevys are alot harder to find nowadays than when I was young.... The cost ( just insurance) keeps alot of young people out of it today..

KingofThings likes this.
  9. KingofThings

The 25,40,50,75 and $100 ones are as well. I had them. :(
    A $75 low rider look, running fine, heavy green w/gold metalflake, with long light green fuzzy 'carpet' and a microscopic 'steering wheel!
    I only bought it because I knew I could turn it fast and got 200...I think.

10. biker

biker Veteran Member

Yes, you are right when you say it depends who their influences are. Both my boys have their own giant toolboxes, both are successful in god trades and both are into automotive and motorsports stuff as hobbies.

I just think that as generations pass, there is less core "man learning" passed on.
    When I was a kid, even my dad's teacher and white collar friends could change a tire, knew how to drive in snow and could change a bbq propane tank.

Far less basic man learning now on the whole.

Sorry for steering the thread off course.

2ndOwner78, G72Zed and KingofThings like this.