Engine Power - 1973 RS Camaro build shake down

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by COPO, Jan 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I like what they did, but just not to that car. It was way too nice to cut up like that.
    I would have gladly donated my 71 to that project, as long as I get to keep her afterward, LOL. :D

f-body freak likes this.
  3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ya, that ‘73 should not have been cut.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

It was a very nice original car, but realistically it was a base model and some would rather enjoy and have fun with the car. That car is way more enjoyable than it was. Better than sitting in a garage for eternity keeping it OEM

jeff swisher likes this.
  5. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

That is a nice 73. I'll bet the long bars didn't work with that hood. Don't like the front frame hanging low. Needs a spoiler to hide it.

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

It was a Type LT RS, so not a base model but I understand where you're coming from. It looked like a nice cruiser with some class.
    One thing I noticed was the bottom of the scoop didn't look like it was flush with the hood, which I've never seen before. It was different and kinda cool.

7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

You would probably hate me for what I have done to my car.

It looks like a sweet car with a bunch of stuff I wish I could afford to do to mine when I was building it. My only issue is the car seemed to have no manners and completely unusable. I did not build my car to do donuts in a parking lot.

8. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

How about that Hybrid block that uses SBC bottom end parts and LS style heads? I bet there are some expensive cam and valve train parts in there to make all of that happen.
    Did they ever say what CID they ended up with? I heard them mention the 4" stroke, but never heard them say what the bore was.

9. jeff swisher

jeff swisher Veteran Member

My 69 camaro I removed the floor and installed 2X3 frame a 4 link and 9" full cage and believe it or not a 1982 Ford mustang front suspension. Yea Struts and rack.
    It is a good suspension and light. coupled with all lexan glass and fiberglass front it was going to be very light.
    Aluminum floors and interior.
    The guy I got it from had a son and when his son turned 18 he wanted his dads old car.
    I was almost finished with the aluminum work and told him i would sell it for a song as I was moving and had to thin the stock.
    I sold it on payments for $350 which was what I paid for the roll cage tubing.
    He never finished paying for it as he got into drugs and hauled the car over the scales for a 20 dollar bag of weed.

Some people are fools.
    Was I the fool for building it the way i wanted it or selling it to him.
    Or was he the fool for not selling it back to me.

Build it the way you want and enjoy it.
    That was back in 1998 and look at what everyone sticks the LS into to go fast little mustangs with strut front ends.

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

yeah it really comes down to what you enjoy, some people turn z28s into drag cars