Estimated Value - 1973 LT RS Z28 project?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by JmanTX, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

You can see the long support bars but the rest of the rs brackets are hidden, at least to my old eyes lol. That's a good looking car even with the standard front end. It would be sharp with the rs front though.

2. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

The only bars there are the long bars, it has the correct fenders,core support and the correct RS LT grill badge, standard front end LTs had the badge on the left side of the grill on the upper valance. It is a fantastic car that has been robbed of its heritage. LOL

3. landpilot

landpilot Member Lifetime Gold Member

The core support is a give-away if it had the RS option, the bolt holes for the long bars are in a different location. The interior looks correct (door panels, dash, and horn button) but it’s been reupholstered with the standard vinyl. The LT option deleted the Z-28 badges and stripes, but from what I’ve read and seen, a lot of people had those added back at the dealership, or just added the when the car was restored / repainted... do you know if the numbers are matching? Mine were a hodge podge of different years and wrong parts which is why I didn’t mind upgrading the suspension, brakes, rear-end, and engine (I have everything that came off so it can go back to factory, including the original wheels). From the condition in the pictures, I think your $8-12K isn’t far off... you might be in the $11-13K to close the deal. Good luck on your purchase!

4. LS 1st Gen

LS 1st Gen New Member

5. JmanTX

JmanTX New Member

No, I did not think the value was there with the change in color, condition and automatic. Still love the look of the RS front end on the 2nd gen!

6. LS 1st Gen

LS 1st Gen New Member

I ended up with the same feeling on the value...maybe we'll see it out there someday though!

7. JmanTX

JmanTX New Member

8. 73rsltz

73rsltz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That’s is an automatic version of my car. You can see the lower kick panels painted black