Every time you pull a panel off...

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by 76 for 26, Mar 27, 2021.

1. 76 for 26

76 for 26 Member

Looking for some thoughts...go ahead and just replace or fix the out wheel well. This thing must have been in an accident prior to me owning. Pulled the quarter and saw this and then took the wire wheel to the quarter and sure enough...hit right behind the wheel and caved in the back half. This makes since as I was having a heck of a time lining the driver side door and front end. The door was tight on the bottom and after I remove quarter...I could see someone was in there banging around with a sludge hammer. Any how...when I began test fitting the quarter, all was well until I got to the back and noticed wheel well was pushing out on the quarter which resulted in me not being able to suck the back end of the quarter in. Given the two repair areas...just replace it? There isn’t going to be any original metal on this with the exception of the trunk lid, roof skin, one frame rail and the inner rocker assembly. Do the aftermarket outer wells and drop offs fit well?

Attached Files:

2. Rustbucket350

Rustbucket350 Veteran Member

That is perfectly able to be repaired with new quarters. No need to get worked up. Beat the sh!t out of it, clamp, it, and weld her together.