Everyone keeps telling me the only thing wrong with my 79 is the vinyl top, so I took the spoiler off and put a luggage rack on it.

Nightmaro

Aug 27, 2022
Now strangers will see me and have two things to complain about.

Also, I found a trunk with a luggage rack on craigslist for a price I couldn't ignore.

Attachments

• 20220924_171230.jpg
    20220924_171230.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 124

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
Make it three things.

You're missing the center caps for the wheels. ;)

Welcome to NastyZ28!
If they all looked the same... They wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

danbrennan

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 13, 1999
Brighton, MI
I can't remember the last time I saw a luggage rack on a 2nd gen Camaro. Kind of cool - will you use it, or just for show?

Nightmaro

Aug 27, 2022
I always liked those racks on the early Mustangs. That's about it.
This is the same rack they put on the Corvette, so I can tell people it has vintage Corvette parts now.
Kind of looks like a C3 Corvette luggage rack.
It is!
What's with the license plate?
They're required on all cars since 1903.

I can't remember the last time I saw a luggage rack on a 2nd gen Camaro. Kind of cool - will you use it, or just for show?

It is held on by stubbornness alone, so I don't think I'll trust it to hold anything until I figure out how to beef it up.

I thought it would be neat for roadtrips, but I was secretly hopeful I'd one day have a set of track tires strapped to it since I live near Lime Rock... I think I'm several thousand dollars and a few cubic inches away from that being relevant though.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
They're required on all cars since 1903.
Oh, so that's how its gonna be? :) I just thought it was a personalized plate and I couldn't see the whole thing to figure it out.
Would be nice if you could mod the rack or mounting just enough to keep the rear spoiler. Looks like it's close.