exhaust

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by slayer74, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Patrick.M

Patrick.M Member

What about longer glasspacks?

2. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

didnt even think about that,will have to measure them this weekend-thanks

3. Z-WIZZ

Z-WIZZ Veteran Member

4. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Veteran Member

Depends on what you want. I found glass packs fun for about 20 minutes, than just annoying later on. For a race car, by all means, but if you drive for more than 30 minutes on a regular basis, it can become annoying. I went with the stock transverse muffler system from dynomax. Good rumble during acceleration, smooth and manageable sound during cruise, and it fits up nice and tight.

5. ProStreet383

ProStreet383 Veteran Member

Have those on our nova. Same exact muffler as flowmaster 40 series. It is a copy of it. They are fairly loud but not to bad with an X pipe. It sounds like he doesn't want super loud anymore so I would suggest Dynomax Ultra flo mufflers. Very free flowing but not super loud. Even better would be Borla XR1 sportsman or there quieter pro xs mufflers. I run the XR1's with an x pipe and my car is pretty quiet.

Camera makes it sound louder than they really are.

http://youtu.be/rDWkDGOu9Ps

http://youtu.be/lEfDUtpuM4M?t=20s

Open exhaust for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE27VqHn0Kk

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  6. slayer74

slayer74 Veteran Member

dynomax or borla seems like the way to go,but will look into each option an try to find the right fit for me,just want to say that info and oppinions on this site are awsome so thanks every one

7. joes21jmpst

joes21jmpst New Member

I recently installed a Pypes bolt in system. 2 1/2 in x pipe with the single cross flow muffler. Had to use the system as it looked like the factory system that was in the car. It Idles very quiet sounds good but when you stomp on it wow it roars sounds great. I was skeptical, but very happy. It is stainless kit bought from summit.

8. curtscam

curtscam Member

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  9. swamione

swamione New Member

I was looking at pypes because of the price for a stainless kit compared to flowmaster. did you get the street or violator mufflers? I want a kit that exits like stock. with the pypes I have to purchase a hockeystick extension to look like stock. with flowmaster it appears to be included.
    I've had flowmaster,magnaflow and dynomax on different vehicles. I like the sound of flowmaster, nice at idle but drones at 2000 rpm but I won't be driving this car much so that doesn't matter. the magnaflow are quiet at idle but howl when you punch it and are supposed to flow better. the dynomax were cheap aluminized junk that rusted out in 2 years (after warranty expired) and didn't sound good at all. HTH

10. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Check the link in my sig.