Export Canadian Camaro's

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by CamaroNmotion, Apr 13, 2020.

1. CamaroNmotion

CamaroNmotion Veteran Member

I thought I'd start a new thread rather than hijack "Help with Brackets". This continues the discussion about seatbelt interlock system not being on Canadian exported Camaro's. Here's some things I found in my library.
    Joan's '74 Z28 buildsheet in box 106 says Canada (which on US cars just gets a dash)
    Also listed on the buildsheet is: RPO Z49 Canadian equipment. The description of RPO Z49 Base modification (Canadian mandatory)

In my discussions with Joan years ago we talked ONLY about the interlock system on the driver's fender, so in regards to the necessary wiring under the seat I don't know.

Last two photos for Mallard...curious minds
    build sht.jpg 74 Z28coupe,auto,Canada1.JPG 74Z28coupe,auto,Canada9.JPG Canada cat cover.jpg Canada cat_seat belt.jpg US cat_seat belt inter.jpg P1010538.JPG P1010547.JPG

mallard and 74_Camaro like this.
  2. Pierre74LT

Pierre74LT New Member

the system was disabled when I bought the car in march 1974, no relay on the left fender but this bypass in the car DSCN0781.JPG DSCN0782.JPG

3. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

This is what mine looks like.
    23-.jpg

zfool likes this.
  4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

And my '74 also has that same "Z49 MANDATORY CANADIAN BASE EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS" listed from my Vintage documents.

5. Ricks72Z28

Ricks72Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I would love to find that bypass.... putting on seatbelts just to back the car out is ridiculous.

6. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

And I never even thought to take that off my parts car before it was hauled away. I'm presuming that seat-belt system could be bypassed manually although perhaps not the "cleanest" way of doing it.

7. Pierre74LT

Pierre74LT New Member

you can always splice the green/black wire and the purple wire together that what the by-pass do