factory posi?

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by ThumperZ28, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ThumperZ28

ThumperZ28 Veteran Member

Who makes a posi unit close to factory specs

I'm not looking for concurs correct or #'s matching
    I'm just looking for a posi unit that won't "clink clank clonk" as I'm making a turn
    I know GM made tons of posi units that didn't have no troubles and lasted for a while
    Aftermarket posi unit does found promising but at $450 a pop not including labor or installation ....kinda pricey
    Is anyone running a posi unit that they're happy with? ..I'm talking about daily driven, stop n go action

2. cmonson

cmonson Veteran Member Gold Member

I had new clutches installed in my factory unit. No issues with around 425hp with 99% street driving.

3. big gear head

big gear head Veteran Member

Did you look into the Yukon Dura Grip? Not as expensive as the Eaton but still works very well.

4. ThumperZ28

ThumperZ28 Veteran Member

@ big gear head, negative I haven't seen a Yukon dura grip

5. big gear head

big gear head Veteran Member

The Dura Grip is almost an exact copy of the Eaton Posi. The only difference is the clutch material. All Eaton parts will fit in the Dura Grip. Randy's Ring & Pinion sells them. You can find them on ebay any time. They are a little cheaper than the Eaton Posi. You can get them in 28 or 30 splne, but be sure that you get the correct bearings for them. They don't take the stock bearings.

6. Odin

Odin Member

Didn't your car come with one? There is nothing wrong with the factory unit and if you already have one then it'll be much cheaper to freshen it up than replace it.