Fast burn heads and headers

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Fast burn, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Fast burn

Fast burn New Member

Hi I am new to the forum and not sure how to navigate through just yet.My question is I have a 80 z28 with a new gen zz4 350 with fast burn heads.Does anyone know what exact long tube header will fit this engine and chassy.I have been looking all over for headers to fit.The headers that I have are square primary s to round tubes and they are cutting off the ports.Can anyone help me thank you

2. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

Hedman Hedders 65104 Hedders fit straight and ANGLE plug heads. They also give the maximum ground clearances.
    I recommend from experience is to use the GM Ministarter from a 98 Vortec motor.

3. Fast burn

Fast burn New Member

Thanks is there any other headers ?You know of

4. my24ktrat

my24ktrat Veteran Member

...I 2nd the Hedman headers, using them on mine now, DC

5. Z28zz383

Z28zz383 Veteran Member

My ZZ 383 has the F/B heads. The higher exhaust ports on the fast burn heads may require slightly slotting the bolt holes on the hooker headers using 1.75 primaries. With an auto trans it is easier to find headers. with a manual, a little tougher. I used dougs headers on my 81 with a th350. I have the mid length headers with 1 5/8'' primaries and they fit perfect, allow regular plugs with easy access, and the ceramic is still perfect years later. They do make a set of full length for auto trans cars but are 1/58'' primaries. Call who ever you may buy from and ask about your application. Mini starter is a good thing to have also.

6. acmanted

acmanted Member

I'm also running a ZZ383 with the same heads. I went with the Flowmaster long tube headers, there tubes are 1 5/8. I feel the fit is as good as you can get. Down side way to much $$$$$$$, but you get a quality product. No mods just bolt in.

7. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

american racing headers

8. troutman

troutman Veteran Member

I'm using Hooker Super Comp long tubes w/ my fastburns and th350. From summit; Headers p/n HOK-2117HKR, Reducers p/n HOK-11040HKR, Flange gaskets p/n MRG-5965. These long tube headers should be sand blasted to get cheap paint off before applying your paint.