fast ez efi problem

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by garyandcindy, Nov 30, 2013.

1. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

Well I just got thru doing a new basic setup as per fast tech support.No good!I even went into the advance options and redid just the tps setup.No good!I'd say it's the tps sensor.Going to call fast back tomorrow and try and talk to someone else.Already ordered a ac delco replacement just in case.Can always send it back.

2. DFWJ

DFWJ Veteran Member

While not the EZ , I had a bad TPS on the FAST throttle body right out of the box. Pretty disappointing when you've got an engine sitting on the dyno and you have to run to get a 20 dollar part.

Can you not see the voltage output of the TPS with the EZ system to verify if it's bad or not? Otherwise can you check it with a voltmeter?

Have you pulled the plugs? Wet? Fouled?

This issue sounds like it could be a bad O2 sensor. I have seen auto tune systems go into a downward spiral when the O2 sensor shows lean and keeps adding fuel. Keep in mind that if it you have a miss or foul out a plug and dump unburnt fuel through the exhaust the O2 will show this as lean. When really we know that it's really "rich"

And I'll vouch for Brian Macey as well; he called me right back when I was having some issues setting up my XFI. And I was not even a customer of his, but I would not hesitate in the future to send my $$'s his way simply because of his willingness to help and his knowledge level seems to be far above anybody you will get on the FAST help line.

Think I found him through the EFI University forum

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. DFWJ

DFWJ Veteran Member

Fuel enrichment vs CTS is where you need to pull some fuel out to resolve this.

4. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

My tps would set up just fine on the initial tune. Clear the codes and crank it up and within seconds sometimes it would go full rich. Unhook the tps and it would do fine. Tps had an internal short. You could even wiggle the plug and it'd go stupid on you. Replaced it and haven't gotten a code since. Just wish the rich crankup would go away.

5. garyandcindy

I'm not knocking anybody or anything at this point.As stated in one of the post here some have had an issue with the tps that came with this system.No fouled plugs as it runs great as long as i'm above 1300 rpm's.And why should I pull a plug to check to see if it's wet or fouled?Only mod I've made is installing this system.Ran great with a carb.Just trying to improve on cold starts,fuel mileage and easy start up for my wife.I could handle the carb but she had problems with it.I fully intend to contact fast again on Monday.If they want to send me another tps that's fine with me.I'll let them tell me what's wrong with it and what I should do.I know nothing about their system other than right now it's not working properly and no fault of mine.

6. garyandcindy

Well talked to fast again today.Their guessing it's the Idle air control valve.They want me to send it to them so they can check it.It's off and going out in the morning.Anybody else that's messed with these agree with this?

7. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

I didn't have time for my car to be down during cruisin' the coast which is why I fixed it myself. Hope they get it working for you soon. A WAD of cash to lay out for something that breaks right away.

8. garyandcindy

I only sent the valve.Their going to test it to see if it's bad or not.If not they said they would have to figure out what else it could be.Two days for the part to get there and don't know how long it will take them to test it.And then another one or mine shipped back.This could take a while.

9. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The idle speed through the IAC is dependent of having the correct inputted information from the TPS, coolant temperature, intake air temperature to set the desired engine speed (at idle) as commanded by the ecm. The feedback (rpm) is controlled by the IAC. If any of the inputted information is skewed, erroneous or missing, the engine will not idle correctly. To a certain degree, timing is also affected.

Unless you have a scanner of some sort that can communicate with your controller or if you can understand and interpret the information, you will basically be lost.

10. garyandcindy

Yeah I am lost.All I can do is what they tell me to do.I'm at their mercy.They say it's the iac so i'm sending it to them to check.I don't know what else to do.This is a brand new system.