fast ez efi problem

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by garyandcindy, Nov 30, 2013.

1. fbody_mike

fbody_mike Veteran Member

Odd, I thought the IAC was just a stepper motor so testing should be straight forward. Seems weird that they would just call it black magic and replace it anytime anomalys show up. They could of alteast told you that at the beggining and shipped you a new IAC when they first suspected it instead you having all the downtime. I would be a little upset too.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

you can test GM IACs.

3. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sad, just sad :(

4. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

I would agree 100%. You spend a big wad of cash on this stuff and it's broken out of the box or has gremlins due to cheap sensors being used rather than using top-shelf parts. I mean I understand the whole making a buck thing but this is CRAP. You'd think that the folks at FAST would read these posts and come up with a viable solution to help satisfy customers.

5. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You can't expect manufactures to read EVERY message board on the internet much less look for posts about their products. Sometimes we get lucky and they will sign up or sponsor a message board that is applicable to the product. You HAVE to call or email to get your issue out to them and from my experience calling is the only way your are going to really get any support, email falls by the wayside over calling usually

6. Leonards78LT

Leonards78LT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

With information so readily available on the web, it would be very easy for me or anyone else with the right keywords (narrow or broad search) to find out at least some information on their products. If the company is really conscientious about the market, someone would have an eye on it.

7. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

Called them back yesterday to see if my part went out Thursday.Was transferred to the warranty dept.I left a message and waited an hour and twenty minutes for a call back.Guess what?No call back.So I called again and insisted that someone tell me if it had shipped.Guess what?It's packed and ready to go out.This is at 6pm on Friday night:( .So now I've got a tech service manager involved and he's trying to help with the situation.We'll see what happens now.He also said someone could have tested the iac motor.He said they definitely dropped the ball on this one!

8. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

I'm thinking that my reaction to that would have been something like "well......no s&$(@!!"

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They need to take each customer's call seriously and follow all the way through. Too much of this transferring off to another department or saying anything just to get the person off the phone for the moment...isn't going to make customers happy or keep them coming back and spreading good words about your products.

10. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

The tech service manager told me last night to go today and buy a new iac and he would refund me the money back.Well you would think that with all the different applications it fits that someone would have it in stock.The closest one I can find is 45 minutes away and they want $196 dollars for it at a gm dealership.Will not come of the list price.Checked all the aftermarket stores and no one has it in stock.Special order only.Now I'm back to waiting on fast to ship one to me.Seems to be no end to this.