Favorite site to look up parts

Chevyforever

Veteran Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
What are your favorite sites to look up parts for 2nd gen Camaros ? I use Rock Auto often and used to visit Ac Delco site however I am finding a lot of inaccuracies. Is there any where we can look up parts for these cars by vin #.

Chevyforever

Veteran Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I am not having much success with the NPD website, thankfully I have one of their paper catalogs to use as a guide. Oil pressure sender, temperature sensor seemingly too awkward to locate correct parts for 1980 Z28 with 350 ... Hmm

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
For me, it depends on what kind of parts I'm looking for. If I need restoration parts, I try NPD, Classic Industries, and any other ones I come across.
If I need basic mechanical parts, I just run to the nearest Auto Parts store and get them there. Oil pressure senders and temp sensors are likely available at the auto parts stores near you.

Chevyforever

Veteran Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Strange thing is I have owned my '80 Z since day one, yet the oil pressure sender listings are mostly incorrect as are the the temp sender listings. (# of blades is 2 for oil and type of connection is a button type rather than blade for the temp). Also no one offers a new replacement console shift plate for the deluxe interior, would like to find an original OE oil dipstick and tube or a reproduction which seems to be somewhat elusive. There are none of these cars in wrecking yards around here anymore and most are not interested in spending time to hunt for these smaller items. 350 ci code CHA.

Latest posts