fiberglass parts making

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 79T/Aman, Jul 14, 2019.

1. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Making progress on Firebird flared fenders, been at it for months found an hour tonight to get some mud on it so it can be final shaped, then gets a couple coats of latex to seal them, so molds can be pulled.

air cleaner parts problems 006.JPG air cleaner parts problems 007.JPG

2. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

You should have let me know, I have molds for some of this stuff. Good luck, fiberglass is nasty stuff. Also molds warp and warp over time, I have replaced my RS nose most 4 times in 11 years! cool stuff, got to be worlds better than that chuckle head in Canada (show cars international) I think. Be safe and suit and mask up. I do my layups outside as well.

dave@ztech likes this.
  3. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

you have molds for VSE flared fenders? I have a full set of "new" VSE(Herb Adams) flared fenders that I bought last fall, they are 40 years old and shrunk about 1/4"-3/8" so I'm just making my own.
    BTW that Show car dude advertised on Ebay Firebird fenders and in his pic he showed a VSE fender, but he never responded when I asked if the fenders he was selling were the VSE