Finally done

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Evil81, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Evil81

Evil81 Member

It has been a long road for my '81. It was my first car that I bought for $1100 in 1996 when I was 16. It came in factory brown paint, tan interior, and with a 267 V8. It served as my daily through highschool, college, and my early 20s. It has been a few different colors and had a few different engines over the years. For the past seven years it has been in different stages of disarray. Three weeks ago I finished laying the paint in my garage and have been wetsanding and buffing since then. I'm glad to say the car is finally done and is now 100% complete. I'll list the specs below along with a few pictures showing off the before/after paint. Enjoy!

Engine: 1970 350 that was taken .30 over, 10.5:1 C/R, forged eagle rotating assembly, forged speedpro pistons, ported 492 heads that flow 225 intake/170 exhaust, 2.02/1.60 valves, comp cam, edelbrock performer intake gasket matched, 750 edelbrock performer carb, 7qt canton oil pan

Exhaust: Longtubes with 3" collectors, full 3" dual stainless exhaust, X-pipe, 3" Hooker Aerochambers with dumps

Transmission: TH350-C, manual/auto valvebody, Hughes 3400 lockup converter, manual lockup controller in the console

Rearend: GM 10bolt posi rearend with 3.42 gears and moser axles

Suspension: Hotchkis coils, leafs, front/rear swaybars, subframe connectors, KYB gas adjust shocks/struts, IROC steering box, urethane body bushings

Wheels/Tires: 1970 15x7 Z28 wheels with Mickey Thompson 245/60/15s all around

Paint: Eastwood single stage "Pure White" sprayed over Eastwood tan primer/sealer

Interior: Stock seats recovered in black vinyl, black carpet, black door panels, dash upgraded with red led lights

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gasoholic, dcozzi, roadrace2 and 4 others like this.
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Dramatic changes in that car, looks great in white. But you just think you're done, it's never finished - but you are at a good point to enjoy the car for the summer.

hubedobeedo, Evil81 and Peck like this.
  3. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It's a great feeling for certain. Good job.:cool:

hubedobeedo and Evil81 like this.
  4. f-body freak

f-body freak Veteran Member

Congrats. Nice lookin "Maro. :bowtie:

5. Proximity_Alert

Proximity_Alert Member

Agreed with all of the above, nice looking car and hope you get to enjoy.

6. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks great, mine is done too, oh wait is that a 2016 Camaro console sitting in there now waiting on mods for final install? Oh and the MSD fuel injection sitting in the dining room, coming soon, yeah right I'm done....

7. $ Mike 70 Z-28

$ Mike 70 Z-28 Veteran Member

Good job very nice

Evil81 likes this.
  8. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Veteran Member

Looks really good! I'll bet you get lots of nice comments when you take her out.

Evil81 likes this.