Finally got color on my car!

CAMeeks

Veteran Member
Jan 5, 2014
Deer Park, TX
fun79Z28 said:
......... I did everything myself and not too many people can say that these days! (Except for most the awesome folks on here)

Well body work and paint I said F?€k That. Everything else I'm going to try on my own.

Great job though.

78Z28/355

Jul 2, 2010
Idaho Falls Idaho
Nice job!!
I will get to say the same thing this next spring if all goes well. Been working on my 78 for about 3_4 years now.....
I can't wait till I can chip up all of that new paint at either the drag strip or the autocross track.. SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!

75Motion

Veteran Member
Jan 26, 2008
Ohio
I can relate! After sitting in my Fathers garage for 27 years my Camaro has changed a lot in the last 2 months.
From this all covered up:

To this:

And currently this:

She shall soon be coming home soon to get the finishing touches like a set of Year One 5 spokes!

fun79Z28

Veteran Member
Sep 19, 2008
Richmond, MI
Yea it takes a while to get body work done. And the bad part is if you do a good job no one knows all the work you did. Lol soo many people have asked what's taking soo long to get my car done. I jus tell tem they are welcome to come vet and find out for themselves. Strangely, no one wants to help with sanding, but they all want to come out the new motor in?! Lol

75Motion

Veteran Member
Jan 26, 2008
Ohio
BonzoHansen said:
Nice, is that Firethorn?
I'm not actually painting it. The color is supposed to be the original color that it came with in 1975. The guy already has over 250 hours in it. I can't wait to pick it up. I can relate to help fun79Z28 as people don't mind getting greasy but cant stand to wear a mask to not inhale all the dust!

Last edited:

Latest posts