Fire extinguisher set up

Gary S

Administrator
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 14, 1999
Bismarck, North Dakota
I always carried mine in the trunk. That end of the car is the least likely to have a fire so that is where you want the extinguisher. The fire and the extinguisher should be far enough apart so you can get to it without being near a fire.

Skraynak

Jul 1, 2022
North Atlanta
I always carried mine in the trunk. That end of the car is the least likely to have a fire so that is where you want the extinguisher. The fire and the extinguisher should be far enough apart so you can get to it without being near a fire.
I always assumed the fire would be under the hood. Also if you had the keys in the ignition that would be near the fire and you wouldn't be able to open the trunk.

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
Bolted mine to top of driveshaft tunnel between seats. Was not worried about drilling to small holes, and it is easy to turn around and reach. And the passengers can put me out if needed LOL.

Last edited:

Skraynak

Jul 1, 2022
North Atlanta
1660749830252.png

So this is what I went with the Bracketeer with a kidde Auto/boat fire extinesher

TTR230

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 2020
Burlington, Ontario
Mine lives in the trunk. If I can't get to it fast enough, I'll be making a call to my insurance agent anyway, extinguisher or not. To be honest, while it's peace of mind having it in the car, I keep it there more for others than myself, really. Came across a small fire a time or two in the past.