Firestone Wide Oval " radials "

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
My coker Firestone Wide Oval 60 series bias ply tires are 10 years old and I'm studying the present tire offerings situation. Also as I pondered this , the 74 camaro Z ...might have been the last car GM or any other to have had these bias ply Firestones as stock factory tire ?

Anyone currently using the Wide Oval "radial version " of this tire and have likes or dislikes ?

Last edited:

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
I would love a set of those as my ‘74 still has the original spare with the little flash rubber nubs sticking out of the treads but last I checked it’s cost inhibitive to buy a set & brought to Canada.

COPO

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Sep 15, 1999
Ontario, Canada
There are suppliers in Ontario who I emailed and got a quote. I don’t remember the exact number but it was higher than buying them in the US plus the exchange rate. I could buy over 8 BFG’s for the same $ so I bought BFG’s. I would have bought the Wide Oval 60’s in the radial if the price made sense.

kenny77

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
So in Feb at Barrett Jackson the Kelsey Tire boys were pushing their Goodyear Polysteel Radial re-pops for our cars and the vettes. They wanted to talk about everything BUT price. These tires were the shizzles, but at close to a total $1800.00 for a set of 4 mounted and balanced, they can keep them till they rot.

Latest posts