First gokart practice!

Magnus

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2001
Ronneby, Sweden
Thanks for the comments guys, he was super excited and can't wait for the next weekend so we can do it all again. I wish I had that opportunity when I was seven.

TL73Z28 is correct, I would prefer if that F1 trophy went into Swedish hands instead ;)

Magnus

Magnus

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2001
Ronneby, Sweden
This has been a fun summer at the karting track. Come along for a couple of laps around Åsum Ring, 50 mph at the end of the straight!

Magnus

Zstar

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2014
Ocala, Florida
Thats it, I'm booking a flight to Sweden to see the 7 yr old driving a go kart with what sounds like a Rolls Royce Merlin engine in it. Way cool and great spin recovery.

Highlife

Veteran Member
Mar 20, 2016
Somewhere down in Texas
Very cool, that's one very lucky young man and one proud papa too I bet.
On a side note you swedes have everything! Go Karts that break speed records, the bikini team, meatballs, ikea, volvo, even abba.

Magnus

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
May 5, 2001
Ronneby, Sweden
Thats it, I'm booking a flight to Sweden to see the 7 yr old driving a go kart with what sounds like a Rolls Royce Merlin engine in it. Way cool and great spin recovery.

It does sound a little more agressive on the video than in reality, we do have sound restrictions overhere that are not very popular among the racing entusiasts. Spinning means that you are pushing it (and learning) which is good.

The engine is a Raket 95, translates to Rocket 95 and is a Swedish built karting engine with about 10 hp unrestricted that is very popular in the smaller classes, it's used in 14 countries.
http://www.radne.se/Product/35001-2/Raket-95-Dual-Charge-Mini-version

Magnus

gin man

Veteran Member
Feb 24, 2002
Morris, Il
I wish I were flexible enough to get in one of those. There is an alpine slide in New Hampshire where you have to push the stick forward to go and I can't bend far enough to go any faster than an old lady.
Magnus, on a side note, we're hoping to do an overseas delivery at the Volvo factory. It sounds like a great experience and a wonderful place to drive around in a new car.

Latest posts